Quadratrac - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Quadratrac

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-25-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
CJ7 Ditze

Quadratrac

Hello,
merry christmas from Germany,
how many Quadratrac's would build in 78/79 ?
bye
Ditze

CJ7 Ditze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2003, 08:34 AM   #2
Brock

Every automatice in 78/79 was a quadratrac. I don't know how many, but many of the 73-79 Wagoneers also had quadratrac.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2003, 09:57 AM   #3
Ruskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Every automatice in 78/79 was a quadratrac. I don't know how many, but many of the 73-79 Wagoneers also had quadratrac.

My 76' cj7 is a quad.
Ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2003, 06:48 AM   #4
CJ7 Ditze

Quadratrac since 76?
CJ7 Ditze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2003, 09:30 AM   #5
wm69

All jeeps with automatic trannys made from 76 to 79 were quadratracs. They went to a dana 300 tcase in 1980

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2003, 10:26 AM   #6
Ruskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69
All jeeps with automatic trannys made from 76 to 79 were quadratracs. They went to a dana 300 tcase in 1980
Howdy, WM,

I'm new to the jeep scene. On my 76 CJ w/ quadratrack I've got a switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. The guy I bought the jeep from said that if I turn the switch to the right it will lock up the front and back axles to turn at a one to one ratio.
Do you know what this is called so I can research it and learn about it?
Thanks ahead of time for (if) answering my (probably) dumb question
Unread 12-28-2003, 12:17 PM   #7
Popol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie
Howdy, WM,

I'm new to the jeep scene. On my 76 CJ w/ quadratrack I've got a switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. The guy I bought the jeep from said that if I turn the switch to the right it will lock up the front and back axles to turn at a one to one ratio.
Thats Quadratrac.

basically, it locks the wheels into 1.1 wheel ratio.

My 79 CJ is permanent 4 wheel, but in the sticky stuff, occasionally the wheels spin, thats when the quadratrac coms in, turn in on, get out of sticky stuff, turn it off.

Quadratrac si a great tool, but YOU MUST only use it when you wheels are slipping, it can damge the gearbox if you use it in normal driving, use it only when traction is being lost at the wheels.
well, maybe a few more now ;)
Popol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2003, 11:31 PM   #8
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie
Howdy, WM,

Full time fourwheel drive systems use a diff in the transfercase between the front and rear driveline. The downfall of this system is that if ANY tire losses traction, all the torque will go to that tire, leaving the other three just sitting there. The Q trac uses a LS diff to help elimenate this problem, however there is still some torque loss. The switch you refer to locks that diff(and the two drivelines).
jeepdaddy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2003, 09:07 AM   #9
Ruskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdaddy2000
Full time fourwheel drive systems use a diff in the transfercase between the front and rear driveline. The downfall of this system is that if ANY tire losses traction, all the torque will go to that tire, leaving the other three just sitting there. The Q trac uses a LS diff to help elimenate this problem, however there is still some torque loss. The switch you refer to locks that diff(and the two drivelines).
Thanks Jeepdaddy,

I understand the deal now. Kinda weird that they even built these rigs this way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.