Quadratec and call tags... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Quadratec and call tags...

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 03-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

Quadratec and call tags...

I know this isn't exactly technical and I am not out to bash someone, but I need to find out some info.

I don't like to bash anyone because I truly believe what goes around comes around, but at the same time I believe in knowing if I am the exception or the rule and I need to know this.

I have been issued 2 call tags now for UPS to come pick up some parts that I ordered that were mis-packaged. We are talking about $100 worth of parts. They didn't have any others, so they said they would issue the tags and refund my money. 2 weeks went by and they didn't pick them up, so I called back and they said they would re-issue the call tags.

This seems a little odd to me. I find it hard to believe htat UPS and the massive infrastructure would not receive a set of instructions, but I just wanted to throw it out there to see what lengths of time you typically see for pick-ups on this.

We are talking not a lot of money, but it was actually their fault to begin with and I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts from them and fortunately I have never had to return anything this way, so I don't have a lot to go on.

Thanks,
cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
high51977

I've had to return stuff, not from quadratec but from other companies and I usually have to take the item being returned to the terminal or a recognized pickup point. I don't know why that is, they can drop it off at my house and leave expensive merchandise on my doorstep in the rain but they can't pick it up?
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
Floridazed
1980 CJ7 

I usually get an RMA number and drop it off at a "pickup point" (the mailbox place in the local shopping mall)
They issue me a RMA number.
I've even had them email me a prepaid shipping label.

As for UPS, I work out of the house, so I talk to my dude a few times a week, he usually just takes a package if it needs to go back.
Project "Vote Utilitarian"
Floridazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

They wouldn't give me a RMA number because THEY messed up.
I have dealt with others where I messed up and had to send it back on MY dime. Since it is their fault, they want to pick it up, but as time goes by, they still have my money and they parts are just sitting there on the front porch day after day waiting for pick up. I bring them in at night, but the one day that I forget (today) I am sure they will be by to pick it up...

Just was curious as to what everyone else had experienced when the wrong part showed up.

Thanks,
cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
sanmiam
1983 CJ7 

Although I have never delt with quadratec outside of going there to pick stuff up, I do know that UPS is managed by a bunch of retarded monkeys much in the same fashion as that monster.com commercial. I have dealt with 2 RMAs, both of which took repeated calling to UPS and reiterating what they had stated regarding when they would pick something up. Once I just ended up going down to the UPS store (also a bunch of donkeys) and shipping it out on my dime because I did not have the time to deal with their incompetance, and $10 was a small price to pay to ease my fustration.

The other time was when they dropped a box, most likely off a 3 story building, and had to get it for examination. For whatever reason they refused to understand that leaving electronics out in the rain is a bad idea, could not understand why I don't just leave my garage door open all day, and would not walk all the way to my front porch since the walkway was not finished and the box weighed over 50 lbs. As such, I was asked to "conveniently" bring it down to the UPS shipping depot - 40 minutes + away, where I could drop it off for examination and drive another 40 minutes each way to go pick it up 2 days later while they sat around *** grabbing for 2 weeks in resolving my case. I threatened legal suit on that one and it was cleared up real quick w/o having to spend more than 5 minutes of my time typing up a letter.

I ship FedEx now.
Unread 03-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
VaCJ79
1979 CJ7 

I had the same problem with them. I got a radiator from them that lasted about a month till it went bad. They sent me a new one but I was never able to get the correct one. They were very helpful but It took them about a month and 2 phone calls a week to pick the two incorrect ones. Ended up having to order from else where.

Looking for : Please PM, Carter 2 barrel Carb before you through it out
VaCJ79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.