Quadra Trac Transfer Case Fluid - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Quadra Trac Transfer Case Fluid

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.comAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 12-01-2006, 08:13 AM   #1
sefh

Quadra Trac Transfer Case Fluid

While doing some research on this fluid it sounds like they make a "special" fluid for these. Can some one tell me what fluid I can use and why is it so "special" and if there is something like it that I can use that is cheaper than $8.00 a qt.

sefh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
84 400
1989 YJ Wrangler 

quadra tech wbe site sells it
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #3
elsplato

You can use 30w ND motor oil in place of it. For those who doubt look in the front of a Haynes repair manual. You can buy it for about 1/3 the price at any parts store.
elsplato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
sefh

Wow I have that 30w ND in the garage so I can use that?? Though I would have to buy that expensive stuff.... Thanks a million
Unread 12-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #5
elsplato

No problem I have used it for years.
elsplato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

You will want to at least put some LS additive in there. While I have no knowledge of the vialibility of 30W, if the LS is in good shape it will chatter without the additive.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #7
sefh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdaddy2000
You will want to at least put some LS additive in there. While I have no knowledge of the vialibility of 30W, if the LS is in good shape it will chatter without the additive.
What is an "LS additive"?
Unread 12-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #8
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

The Q track uses a cone style limited slip to aid biasing power to both drivelines. They are prone to chattering and erratic operation without the "special oil" or a limited slip additive.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #9
John N
1981 CJ8 

OK, so it's $8 a quart and takes 2.5 quarts (that's if you have low range too). $24 is cheap to not have to replace your transfer case. You'll only have to do this every few years....and that's if you drive it a lot.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.