Quadra-Trac - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Quadra-Trac

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-19-2002, 06:21 AM   #1
grrawe

Quadra-Trac

Hi,
Could someone explain how this transfer case works? What does the emergency switch do and how does it work. It looks like there is a canister on my firewall that I think is to work in conjunction with this transfer case but it is not hooked up.

Thanks,
Gene

grrawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2002, 06:48 AM   #2
coopcj7

grrawe,

here is the scoop on the quadratrac since I own 3 of them.77CJ7 2 78 CJ7's

Start from the inside. IN your glove box there is a small switch. To the left it is normal four wheel drive. And to the right is emergency 4wheel drive. Coming from the engine a vaccumm hose should go to that switch cause it is all vaccuum controlled.Three hoses go into the switch. Two go out through the firewall and down to a set of steel tubes that go to the shifter relay valve on the x-case. There are two steel tubes on the end that is where your hoses go. MAke sure they are clamped tight or they will leak. There is a small steel tip on the top of the case that an electrical wire goes onto. This turns on the light on your speedo when emergency 4wheel is engaged. This orange wire runs from the case to below the fuse block and hooks into a two prong clip. One for the orange wire and one for the yellow tranny kick down wire. Since you are running quadratrac you have an automatic tranny the chevy TH400. The small canister on the firewall has nothing to do with the quadratrac if it islocated on the drivers side it is a charcoal canister for the emissions If you would like to email me please feel free to do so @ gone_jeeping_2001@yahoo.com and i could give you my Phone # and talk you through it if these points dont help much

304 bored over .030
Chevy 350 coming soon (i hope)
2in lift
31" Cooper HT's
custom 2 wheel drive (temporary)
coopcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.