QT transfer case - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > QT transfer case

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-11-2002, 08:17 AM   #1
rustyCJ

QT transfer case

i have been looking all morning and cant find it. is the QT without the 2.57:1 hi/lo reduction unit geared/chained( i dont know what you would call it) at 1.00:1? this would makes sense to me but then again the whole idea of te QT doesnt make sense to me. if you dont know do you know where i can look to find out?

Unread 12-11-2002, 08:54 AM   #2
CSP

Yes it is 1:1 if it doesn't have the reduction unit.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2002, 06:40 PM   #3
Brock

Get a low reduction unit off ebay or someother place. It makes a huge difference offroad. Flip the swith in the glovebox and you Jeep will crawl like hell with the case lockedup.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 01:25 AM   #4
rustyCJ

i just trying to figure out why my QT equipped CJ wont do 65 with 29s on it. if the th400s third is 1:1 and the QT is 1:1 and my axles are 3.54s, why cant i do 65? the engine is strong so thats not a problem. i keep seeing people complaining bout adding 33s and not being able to pass people on the interstate, i cant even keep up with traffic let alone pass people.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.