Putting in a 3" lift this weekend - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 Old 04-24-2017, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
AlexThePhotoGuy
1985 CJ7 

Garage
Man, what a pain in the butt. I don't know what the 4 Wheel shop was smoking but my angles are very different than what they reported. I'm reading 7 degree downward on the transfercase output and a 2 degree upward on the pinion.... they said 9 and 3, but that was BEFORE I flipped the 2.5 degree shims. So they were pretty off. I'm wondering if they had it on the lift when they measured.

Anyway, I'm thinking I should order 2 degree steel shims and put them in the correct way. That way I should have a 7 degree downward from the TC and a 6.5 degree upward pinion, right? Current pinion is 2 degrees, take out 2.5 degree shims raises is to 4.5, then add 2 more degrees gets me to 6.5. Short of just flipping the aluminum ones back around (where I know I had no vibrations for a few months), I think this is the way to go.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 04-24-2017, 03:50 PM
RARECJ8

1981 CJ8 

you can also do a T Case drop. That was my solution

Look it's a 4.6!
Life member BRC
Cal4Wheel. ECV 3697

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
lift , lift kit , shims

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.