Put a V8 in a 1975 CJ5 w/ a stright 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Put a V8 in a 1975 CJ5 w/ a stright 6

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-27-2001, 02:18 PM   #1
DORF

Put a V8 in a 1975 CJ5 w/ a stright 6

I have a 1975 CJ5 with a stright 6. I thought it has been undersized since my father bought it in 1975. I would like to pull the engine and put in a V8 and would like some help in how to do it

DORF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2001, 02:25 PM   #2
GroundUpCJ7

That's a rather vague request. Do you know what engine you want to put in it? What drivetrane is in currently in the Jeep? You have to be careful, a V8 will undoubtedly put out more torque, so you have to make sure your drivetrane can handle the output. Installing the engine is fairly easy if you have another CJ to pull from. You'll have to change the motor mounts, but everything else should bolt up. If you can be a little more specific, so can I.
Unread 06-28-2001, 02:13 AM   #3
Gearjammer

Its been awhile since I did my engine swap but you will find a lot of good information in the catalogs from Advance Adapter and Novak. Check their sites at http://www.novak-adapt.com and http://www.advanceadapters.com
Gearjammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.