Punishment for Renegade imposter - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Punishment for Renegade imposter

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
shum8
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindKnot View Post
since Renegade is just a trim level, I doubt anyone will care. Trying to SELL it as a Renegade is where I believe the line is crossed.
No doubt - And I would make sure the next potential owner is fully aware of that.

shum8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #17
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerjeep79 View Post
I wonder if you can find decals for the "Renegado" which was sold in Mexico. That should throw people for a loop. Plus, it'd be muy macho!
Kinda like "El Macho"

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #18
WSS
1972 CJ5 

This guy has them as a single vinyl cutout instead of the OE white lettered graphic, might look good and not OE to confuse.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Renegad...71fc39&vxp=mtr
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #19
larock
1983 CJ7 

Most stock and renegades are identical with the exception of stickers, my jeep has all the identical features as a renegade, and I'm seriously considering slapping some on. Obviously I can't sell this as a renegade but I can sell it as a sweet looking addition
larock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
Msmall
1986 CJ7 

I have an 86 that has a renegade sticker on it from previous owner. I've done the research and do not think its actually a renegade. However it has so many take offs/add ons that its anyone guess now.

Personally if I did it myself i would just opt not to put the stickers on, and if I did I would make sure they are the correct stickers that would have come stock (mine are not)

I also agree that the line isn't crossed unless you label it as a renegade if its. It when selling. I made this mistake myself but corrected it once it was pointed out to me and I did the research. Still. It sure if it is or isn't but unless you're 100% sure I wouldn't advertise it as a renegade.

If you're going to add the stickers if select an original color as well
Msmall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #21
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by larock View Post
Obviously I can't sell this as a renegade but I can sell it as a sweet looking addition
You could. And people do. It's not right but it happens and no one is the wiser. The title doesn't reveal it, at least mine never did and I bought it new.
Renegade82 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #22
shum8
1980 CJ7 

By the time I get the paint on it and all dressed put like I want it, it may not need any tape. In all honesty I would probably be happiest with some sort of striping without labeling it as a Renegade. Every time I think I won't do any tape at all I get a flashback of Colt44's he did in white with the blue Renegade tape......... It's his fault I started thinking about this - But since I'm going red I think I can get by without........ Well, I just got an image of his in my head. Damn
Unread 08-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #23
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shum8
By the time I get the paint on it and all dressed put like I want it, it may not need any tape. In all honesty I would probably be happiest with some sort of striping without labeling it as a Renegade. Every time I think I won't do any tape at all I get a flashback of Colt44's he did in white with the blue Renegade tape......... It's his fault I started thinking about this - But since I'm going red I think I can get by without........ Well, I just got an image of his in my head. Damn
Image of what? This?
image-567541433.jpg
Gotta admit I'm a fan of red with "the oranges"

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #24
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

Obviously I can't sell this as a renegade.

there is no way to tell if a jeep was a renegade or not. most time it was just a decal and a lot was added at the dealer, then there was some custom rims and added some additional trim pieces. i got one that totally plain now and it started as a decal renegade.

if you want sell as a renegade, i do not see how anybody could prove you wrong. its just a decal
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #25
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

So once you put on the decals, you have officially done the same thing Jeep did to make it a Renegade?

I dont see the problem..

Sent from my HTC One SV using JeepForum
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #26
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz View Post
So once you put on the decals, you have officially done the same thing Jeep did to make it a Renegade?

I dont see the problem..

Is a clone of a Mustang GT or a Malibu SS the real thing? Is it okay to sell them as such? Call it a "tribute" and be honest about it.

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #27
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindKnot View Post

Is a clone of a Mustang GT or a Malibu SS the real thing? Is it okay to sell them as such? Call it a "tribute" and be honest about it.
Mustang gt's arent made by putting on a decal at the dealership.

There is a difference between a factory made model, and a dealer installed decal.

Unread 08-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #28
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just get different stickers with what you want. Be outrageous so people are attracted to it.

People stop and talk to me all the time. On the highway, people give me thumbs up and take pics. Everyone loves different.
Unread 08-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #29
agear
1984 CJ7 

Mine was a stocker. I put in a tach and clock and some other stuff. I'm planning on doing a decal kit on mine.
1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
agear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #30
shum8
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo View Post
Image of what? This?
Attachment 658566
Gotta admit I'm a fan of red with "the oranges"
Thanks a lot - that's like waving a glass of bourbon under an alcoholic's nose......

Actually, after giving the topic way more thought than should have been needed, I have decided upon a decal theme. It definately won't be confused with a factory CJ tape kit. Bad news is I would rather post pics than describe it, and I'm just gettin ready to swap everything from one frame to another, so it'll be a while. I've been sittin on the dang thing for mnths, and am just now getting to work on it. Guess I should start a disassembly / reassembly thread. Donor frame is just about ready to accept stuff........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.