Project What did I get myself into... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Project What did I get myself into...

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
FSJMan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Project What did I get myself into...

Did some trading and ended up with this. Tub, frame, and axles are together and eveything else is palletized. Got to arrange date to get it all moved over to the house and start sorting it out. Have a half finished Yj rock crawler project that the only thing stock left is body, frame, and some wiring. Hope to have yj ready to paint in next few weeks. Not real sure about starting from pieces but we shall see.

Quote:
Titled 1977 CJ7 Project rolling chassis bone stock with 4cyl iron duke (very tired), T176 4 speed (with Chevy bolt pattern hydro bellhousing), Dana 300, 3.55 axles both driveshafts still hooked up. The tub has the vin plate that matches the title. I took the tub to a shop and had them fix any holes or rust spots and straighten out any rough spots. There is no body filler in it and I was just going to prime it and rihno/spray line it as is. It would need a skim coat in a few places if you want to paint it, but you can see it all right now and it is very solid and rust free. Used parts included a good windshield frame, a good tailgate, a pair of seat frames, YJ seats, a complete dash with good gauges, really straight nice fenders grill and hood, roll bar, radiator, boxes of bolts and nuts, and all the pieces that were taken off.

New parts include, windshield frame, new in the box centex wiring harness for CJ, hood hinge and hardware kit, and fender flares.

Last edited by FSJMan; 07-05-2013 at 10:34 PM..
FSJMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Rules state you are not allowed to tease up without posting up pictures as well!
MoC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
FSJMan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Rules state you are not allowed to tease up without posting up pictures as well!
There.....
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
FSJMan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

None of the usual rust is present other than floorboards which have been replaced and come with an extra set of replacement panels. Behind windshield is good rockers are good fenders are good and even where the Jeep logo is is clean.
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Conch Cruiser
1983 CJ7 

FSJman
I just sent you a PM.
Conch Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
FSJMan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Loaded up the trailer today with jeep parts. Waiting on new storage building to get delivered so this is just temp storage until the building is dropped.

Any guesses what this is?

Maybe this angle will help

Unread 08-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

If that is a real question... that is a half hard top from a CJ8 Scrambler.
Unread 08-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
HeathFinnie
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeprage
Yup. Had one on my old CJ7 that the PO put on there to make it look like a shorty pick up.
image-2875058956.jpg

image-2072865312.jpg

HeathFinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
FSJMan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeprage View Post
'twas sarcasm. Complete with top and bottom piece and piece for around rollbar. Now to sort everything out and begin figuring out what square piece goes in what round hole.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.