Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Project Tub Swap... then Project Moab

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  DT5150 
#1 ·
Here is the latest thing I put together.
It was just supposed to be a "tub swap", then the next thing you know

New Frame Mounts
NV3550 tranny swap
hydraulic clutch
new clutch parts
new Tom Woods rear shaft
new RE shocks
new front bumper
new winch
body work
paint job
new family cage
new rear seat
new seat brackets
new painless wiring harness
new gauges in dash
new center console
New H4 headlights
Line underneath and inside

From the write up, you can see a ton of fab work as well to the frame. There was an awful lot done in a short time... took 3 tubs to get it there, but it is done now!

http://www.certifiablejeep.com/curtisjeep/curtisjeep1.php
http://www.certifiablejeep.com

There wasn't much left of the tub once we tore into it, it was amazing that it even ran up to my place to do the work... took about 3 months to complete it, about 450 hours... it was a lot of long weekends and late nights!

Let me know what you think.

cb

See less See more
#3 ·
Yup, had to finish it up before the little one arrived. The NV3550 is pretty nice I have to say... costs a bit more, but seems to shift nice, nice ride, hydraulic clutch is really nice too... YJ brake booster also... very nice.

cb

#4 ·
Wow! That was alot of work. It looks great. I am about to fix the same rust problem under my jeeps doors. You make it look easy! After having cars and jeeps worked on, you just put about $15,000 into his jeep! As always, great work.

#5 ·
He got a good deal... and he realizes it.
the fab work, the frame repair, the body work, the welding, griding, sanding, all messy work, really does add up in time spent.

I do realize why mechanics get 50+ an hour... an all in one guy should get that much as well... I however, did NOT!

cb

#7 ·
Not sure exactly, they were on the Jeep when he showed up with them.
They are attached on top and underneath... kind of a PITA, but they do seem to function well.

cb

#9 ·
Rates are going up with the next one... bring a big bag of money with dollar signs on it, or that money tree you have in your backyard... either works.

cb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.