project lucky seven - Page 87 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > project lucky seven

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 01-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #1291
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderofsnow

Awe that sucks man! Sorry to hear it.
Oh well, it's okay since it's paid off I don't mind spending some on it too.

Unread 01-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #1292
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ball joints look good. Funny story, I busted my drivers side u-joint and my ball joints popped out as well yesterday. I got the O'Reilly's specials temporarily only to find out they were not the right ones. I installed them anyway to get back home.

I'll be putting some Moog's in shortly. Are those the Synergy ones?

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #1293
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
Ball joints look good. Funny story, I busted my drivers side u-joint and my ball joints popped out as well yesterday. I got the O'Reilly's specials temporarily only to find out they were not the right ones. I installed them anyway to get back home.

I'll be putting some Moog's in shortly. Are those the Synergy ones?
Yeah, figured I would try them
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #1294
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

Funny how your other rigs tend to get jealous when one is getting all the attention and money spent on it isn't it! lol

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1980-cj7-first-jeep-build-1243620/"]80 CJ7 "The Kraken" - a project 25 years in the making[/URL] AMC 304 V8, NV4500, Dana 300, Dana 44, 9 inch, M.O.R.E. SRS, YJ tub.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

[B][SIZE="3"] Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="1"](When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults)[/SIZE]
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #1295
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast
Funny how your other rigs tend to get jealous when one is getting all the attention and money spent on it isn't it! lol
That's the way it seems
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #1296
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinstickd20 View Post
That's the way it seems
I just hit the 20 grand mark on my build and it doesn't even run yet...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1980-cj7-first-jeep-build-1243620/"]80 CJ7 "The Kraken" - a project 25 years in the making[/URL] AMC 304 V8, NV4500, Dana 300, Dana 44, 9 inch, M.O.R.E. SRS, YJ tub.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

[B][SIZE="3"] Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="1"](When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults)[/SIZE]
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #1297
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:

I just hit the 20 grand mark on my build and it doesn't even run yet...
Yeah I try not to add that up
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #1298
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Yeah I try not to add that up
Yeah, they can get spensive in a damn hurry.

I know one thing for sure, I am never selling this jeep ever!

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

Unread 01-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #1299
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:

Yeah, they can get spensive in a damn hurry.

I know one thing for sure, I am never selling this jeep ever!
I can't because I could never recover what I've invested
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #1300
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
I can't because I could never recover what I've invested
With mine I have been wanting to build this jeep since I was just a little kid, probably 4 or 5 years old, it is the one rig I have never been able to get my hands on, the one I have always wanted.

I bought a jeep in 2006 from a guy, drove to California to get it, passed it on a trailer coming up the street because he sold it to someone else.

Then I had another one do the same thing to me, in Montana, and finally in 2011 I bought a CJ5 from a friend, then realized that I am too damn big to drive a CJ5, I could hardly get in and out of it.

Finally I bought my 80 and I moved a bunch of parts from the CJ5 over to it, and now I have a pretty solid rig coming together.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

Unread 01-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #1301
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:

With mine I have been wanting to build this jeep since I was just a little kid, probably 4 or 5 years old, it is the one rig I have never been able to get my hands on, the one I have always wanted.

I bought a jeep in 2006 from a guy, drove to California to get it, passed it on a trailer coming up the street because he sold it to someone else.

Then I had another one do the same thing to me, in Montana, and finally in 2011 I bought a CJ5 from a friend, then realized that I am too damn big to drive a CJ5, I could hardly get in and out of it.

Finally I bought my 80 and I moved a bunch of parts from the CJ5 over to it, and now I have a pretty solid rig coming together.
I can't believe both jeeps were sold right out from under you!! I would've been furious!
Dadamsnv is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #1302
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
I can't believe both jeeps were sold right out from under you!! I would've been furious!
With the one in California I had just driven 1200 miles from Montana in one sitting to go get it, and I had been updating the guy the whole way where I was. I came a little unglued when he pulled that crap. It did earn me a visit from law enforcement because at first the guy didn't want to give me the deposit I had sent him back.

It was everything I could do to stop myself from dragging him out of his house and thumping on him.

The other guy offered him a grand more than I was paying for the jeep.

Finally the cops got involved, when they told him he would be thrown in jail if he did not return my deposit he coughed it up real quick. He kept feeding me this story that it was Saturday and that the bank was closed and that he would have to mail it to me, and that the guy who bought the jeep had paid with a check.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

Unread 01-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #1303
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:

With the one in California I had just driven 1200 miles from Montana in one sitting to go get it, and I had been updating the guy the whole way where I was. I came a little unglued when he pulled that crap. It did earn me a visit from law enforcement because at first the guy didn't want to give me the deposit I had sent him back.

It was everything I could do to stop myself from dragging him out of his house and thumping on him.

The other guy offered him a grand more than I was paying for the jeep.

Finally the cops got involved, when they told him he would be thrown in jail if he did not return my deposit he coughed it up real quick. He kept feeding me this story that it was Saturday and that the bank was closed and that he would have to mail it to me, and that the guy who bought the jeep had paid with a check.
Makes my blood boil! And the obvious bold faced lies!
Unread 01-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #1304
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
Makes my blood boil! And the obvious bold faced lies!
What really makes me mad is that he was in the Navy, fixing to get shipped to Japan, I am a Navy vet, this guy was one of my so called brothers in arms. That part really makes me sick.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

Unread 01-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #1305
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:

What really makes me mad is that he was in the Navy, fixing to get shipped to Japan, I am a Navy vet, this guy was one of my so called brothers in arms. That part really makes me sick.

Tags
280zx hood vents , led parking lights , xj spring stretch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.