project lucky seven - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > project lucky seven

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 03-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #181
coles78cj7
1978 CJ7 

Jeep looks great man! I grew up in Pleasant View, Here in Murray, Ky now, but if you ever get up around lbl send me a pm!

coles78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 05:05 AM   #182
1911Tyler
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinstickd20 View Post
Thanks and i think you mean nashville adult day care, been there done that lol graduated in 08 from there.

I thought you might have judging by your fab andpaint skills. What are you doing now! I came straight over here and been working on a NASCAR team ever since. I'm a fabricator at Penske racing now.
1911Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #183
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coles78cj7 View Post
Jeep looks great man! I grew up in Pleasant View, Here in Murray, Ky now, but if you ever get up around lbl send me a pm!
thank you, will do.
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #184
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Tyler View Post
I thought you might have judging by your fab andpaint skills. What are you doing now! I came straight over here and been working on a NASCAR team ever since. I'm a fabricator at Penske racing now.
thanks. I actually went there for auto mechanics and now im working at a dealership.
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #185
Kaotic55
1955 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Tyler View Post
O nice I bet thats a fun

I always hated working at dealerships personally but really could never argue with the pay. . . Than I was offered work at a local slaughterhouse making twice as much Stories for weeks on that 5 years
Kaotic55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #186
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

I haven't done much the past few days, had to change the busted tranny mount and long gone torque arm bushings, finished that and started cleaning the 5 inch thick crap out of the skid plate and while i had it out I painted it and took out the 1 inch drop that was terrible looking because the po just cut out 6 1 inch pieces and used them with longer bolts to drop the tcase, the driveline angles aren't bad and the front ujoint at the tcase is actually better now but i may have to get a tom woods shaft for the front with a longer slip because at full droop my driveshaft may come appart at the slip.
Unread 04-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #187
RoosterFix
1980 CJ7 

Nice work! Hows your gas tank/ rear diff clearance? I know you fabricated your rear frame section, but is that something you took into account? Just wondering, great build i think i might try a similar paint scheme and stretch on my cj7.
RoosterFix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #188
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterFix View Post
Nice work! Hows your gas tank/ rear diff clearance? I know you fabricated your rear frame section, but is that something you took into account? Just wondering, great build i think i might try a similar paint scheme and stretch on my cj7.
thank you, when i built my gas tank skid i made it fit close as possible to the tank so it would give me as much clearance as possible, i think it's about 7 or 8 inches and i put my bumpstops so that it couldn't travel far enough to hit the skid
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #189
dharmabum
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You're still running the narrow track rears right? Where did you get the rims with that backspacing?
dharmabum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #190
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmabum View Post
You're still running the narrow track rears right? Where did you get the rims with that backspacing?
Yes narrow track all the way, my wheels came from 4wheel parts, they are pro comp 15x10 with 2.5 in backspace.
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #191
Davidnex
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook69 View Post
Hey just wonderin what you used to bend your roll cage with.. im in the process of it and i have access to a exhaust machine but no tube bender. And was just wondering because ive been told the exhaust machine will kink the tube.
Exhaust machine presses the tube in a curve die, leaving tube compress(flatten) in curve,, tube bending machines Roll tube around die , no flattening
Unread 04-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #192
JakesJeepCJ-7
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinstickd20 View Post
Where did you fond that bumper? It's sick I want one!
My jeep is this same paint theme, the PO did a crap home paint job so I'm getting it done this summer desert storm with black renegade decals and black wheels! Im loving how yours looks now I want a TJ roll cage

-Semper Fidelis Jeep Marines
JakesJeepCJ-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #193
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakesJeepCJ-7 View Post
Where did you fond that bumper? It's sick I want one!
My jeep is this same paint theme, the PO did a crap home paint job so I'm getting it done this summer desert storm with black renegade decals and black wheels! Im loving how yours looks now I want a TJ roll cage
haha yeah thought it was cool at the time...didn't last very long, it got in the way. the TJ roll bar was a good start for my cage and it also opened up alot more top options, thinking about trying a rampage bowless soft top. I know how you feel, my PO did a crap home pain job as well...I'm glad I did the tan and black combo.
Unread 04-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #194
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

Finally finished my front bumper and winch mount today, didnt make it to bolting the winch on, also replaced the lower steering column bearing and now it's just about as stable as my short bed chevy truck.

Unread 04-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #195
Kaotic55
1955 CJ5 

Nice!!

Tags
280zx hood vents , led parking lights , xj spring stretch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.