Project "Envy" - Page 32 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Project "Envy"

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #466
jhughes2013
1977 CJ7 

Sounds and looks awesome! I thought your phone was starting to do what mine does (muffle the speakerphone mic).

Is that an oiled air filter? I mounted my MAF sensor right behind my K&N just like that and it started throwing a P0101 "Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Range/ Performance" code in the ECM after a 100 miles or so. After some research I found out it might have been traces of oil from the filter contaminating the MAF sensors. As much of a pain as it was to move it I moved it right in front of the throttle body and it doesn't throw any more codes. Just a heads up.

Unread 05-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #467
bbc
1985 CJ7 

Cool, Thanks for the info. We will see what it does after I take care of the rest of the codes. You can see The MIL Light on in the video. Im sure it's due to no O2's and only 1 knock sensor hooked up.
bbc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #468
bbc
1985 CJ7 

I picked up some O2 bungs on the way home today. I got the two down tubes cut and fitted and ready to tack. my welder is at a friends house right now as we went halfs on it. I need his help to hold pipes in place while I tack, and that looks like it won't happen till later this week. In the mean time, Im going to look at getting a OBD2 Scanner to read and clear any codes I may come across.
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good scanner?
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #469
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc View Post
You like that open headers Sound.
I still need to fabricate some kind of exhaust.
It was running rich without the O2 sensors.
Open headers sound good from here but I'd hate to drive it much that way. I'd make it quiet, make a sleeper outta that baby.

You going to swap out both axles or just the rear? Stock aint gonna last long I'm afraid.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #470
bbc
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Open headers sound good from here but I'd hate to drive it much that way. I'd make it quiet, make a sleeper outta that baby.

You going to swap out both axles or just the rear? Stock aint gonna last long I'm afraid.
Axles are not stock, you must have forgotten.
Refresh for ya-
Fronts the waggy 44
rear is the early bronco 9"
front is done, but the rear I have not touched yet, that's why I was jealous of yours.
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #471
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Awesome!!
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #472
jhughes2013
1977 CJ7 

I bought the cheap pocket scanner from the parts store and borrowed the $250 version. The only difference is that the expensive one tells you what the code means where as the pocket scanner you have to look it up in the book that comes with it. I don't even look in the book. I just google it which is what you're going to do anyways because it'll help you locate the problem. I was hoping with the expensive one I'd at least be able to change the fan on/off temps, VSS signal, and other stuff, but it didn't. One of the reasons it was expensive is because it was for all the manufacturers. Hope that helps.
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #473
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc View Post
Axles are not stock, you must have forgotten.
Refresh for ya-
Fronts the waggy 44
rear is the early bronco 9"
front is done, but the rear I have not touched yet, that's why I was jealous of yours.
I did forget! Forgive me....lets just blame my age and the lack of a vacation.

Sorry for the wrong link. Here's the place I got the yoke http://stores.ebay.com/Quick-Performance-Inc and here's another place that has a pretty good supply of Ford stuff http://broncograveyard.com/?google=bronco

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #474
bbc
1985 CJ7 

I got both down tubes done last night, with O2's installed. Ordered a couple Flowmaster Supper 44 Mufflers.
Unread 05-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #475
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Why didn't you order everything at the same time? We could be listening to this monster tonight. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #476
bbc
1985 CJ7 

Mufflers came as well as some pipes. I got it all cut and fit up under the jeep tonight. This weekend I plan to fine tune it and weld it up. I just need to find some hangers locally to finish it off. I did however, start it up again while all the pipes where just fitted and hanging. It sounded pretty sweet with the dual Flowmaster Super 44's.
then the neighbor came over and said that sounds really good, But his kid is going to bed so don't start it again.
Unread 06-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #477
bbc
1985 CJ7 

Picked up the Exhaust hangers today. One thing I can see that is going to be a problem, Is that the E-brake Cable brackets are not going to work with my Exhaust layout. I Guess I will cut them off and figure out a E-bake later if I feel the need for one. Maybe just a line lock.
Unread 06-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #478
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I'm thinking of a handbrake myself...

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 06-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #479
bbc
1985 CJ7 

Exhaust is all done. It sounds really aggressive like my old Z28 Donzi with twin 350's.
I ran into a little snag though with the power steering pump. the pump seemed like it was sitting a little cockeyed in the bracket making the pulley not quite line up with the others. It was off one rib on the belt, So it ripped one rib off the belt. I have removed the bracket to clearance it a little more to see if this helps. As there was some initial clearanceing needed due to the moded pump. We will see.
I seen a pretty sweet looking CJ7 today on the road, And I have to admit I was a little envious. I thought ( Man that looks like fun to drive). I'm so close, Yet so far.
I just need-
Transfer case
drive shafts
And (Jim's rear axle)
and I could be that guy on the road looking and feeling cool too.
Unread 06-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #480
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

You ARE Cool!

You can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
light-end-tunnel_1.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.