Originally Posted by SpringPro
Awesome build. What kind of motor mounts are you using? They look like the MORE mounts. I read through the entire post but didn't see the brand. Did you have any problems with the front driveshaft clearing the tranny pan? Looking to get my engine set in sometime soon. Keep up the awesome work.
Yes, M.O.R.E mounts for a SBC with LS Adapter plates found on E-bay.
I have not dealt with the front drive shaft yet. I know the problem comes from the U-joint being to close to the pan. I did cut the lip off the tranny pan where the u- joint would sit. Another thing to consider is the Tranny to Transfer case adapter. I know the Adapter offered by Advance Adapters is a little longer than the Novak one. This may aid in a little more room. Especially if using the D300.
Last option is to go with a Atlas II Transfer case as this case will give you another 1" farther out away from the tranny pan than the D300.
These are things I've considered. I have to decide if I want to pull apart my D300 and put the new input shaft in with all sorts of upgrades or go with the atlas II. I'm leaning towards the atlas for now because I know it will give me more room for the shaft. And by the time I built the D300 up, I could almost have the Atlas and piece of mind knowing it should give me the room needed.
Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.