project 77 CJ5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > project 77 CJ5

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
atom73
1977 CJ5 

project 77 CJ5

Thanks for all the help so far. Here is my official jeep status. Its a recently purchased 77 CJ5 with AMC 304 4 speed manual that has had a 4bb holley and a edelbrock high rise put on. Other than that it needs new fuel line, wiring harness and who knows what else to get it to the point where I can drive it out and about. After that I will get into more serious stuff. How can i tell what type of rear end, front end, diff, etc I have? Also, where do I look for numbers on the carb so I know what it is? What modifications would you guys reccommend? I think the wiring harness has to come first, its a real birds nest and I would like to get all the junk out and start over. I bought a SS dash too and will be putting that in with the new wires. I figured it was also a good way to get to know the jeep too. One more thing, I am not all that familiar with "lockers" and what rear end ratios are, things like that. Is there an FAQ section that explains differentials, rear ends, front ends etc. I am very mechanically inclined but this is my first 4x4.
Mike

atom73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.