Project '73 CJ5 what years are compatible? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Project '73 CJ5 what years are compatible?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
hogbed
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Project '73 CJ5 what years are compatible?

I found and bought a '73 CJ5 w/304. Almost no rust all original and complete except it's missing the radiator and some minor things here and there. It hasn't run for a couple years but was running when parked (supposedly). No top, no seats. Oh yeah I got it for $500. My question is, what years of CJ5 are the same or compatible? In other words what year model tops/doors etc will fit? Some one told me 1955 to 75 were the same but I wanted to check here with the experts to see for sure. Thanks in advance.

hogbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
75*CJ

You're one of us lucky few having an "intermediate". Parts are hard to come by - Compatable years 72-75. Good luck and congratulations.
75*CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
CSP

Most everything that will attach to the tub is going to be compatible with 55-75, including soft tops.

The front clip got longer in '72 for the AMC engines.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.