Project 23's Paint - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Project 23's Paint

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutIntroducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 04-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #121
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

LOL.... Between packing, moving, unpacking, work, school, etc I haven't had much time lately to work on it. I have managed an hour here and there, but I have been extremely busy.
Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to knock out a good part of getting her back together. I'm trying to get out of going to visit family on Sunday so I can work on it some more. I will probably loose that battle, but I'm going to try
The biggest hold up is going to be the dash wiring. I feel as though that's going to be a slow process as I want to make sure it looks nice and 100% functional. I also have a tach that wasn't working when I purchased the vehicle and I will need to troubleshoot that.

PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #122
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Dash Wiring look nice?
Yes that will take some time. Just as soon as you get it bundled nicely you find out it doesn't go around the steering column or brake support or something.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #123
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk
Dash Wiring look nice?
Yes that will take some time. Just as soon as you get it bundled nicely you find out it doesn't go around the steering column or brake support or something.
Alright, let me rephrase that. I want it to look better than the wire massacre that went on before I purchased it. Still wish you were available to help John. If that was the case, I could probably have it back on the road by Sunday afternoon
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #124
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

week days are easier for me.
But hey, you can call me anytime if you get stuck. we can even do a video chat if needed.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #125
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Did some work on Project 23 today. I only spent a few hours with her today, but made some good progress. The next two weeks I'm on call for work so I'll be able to spend my weeknights working on it.
I'm really digging the aluminum wheels. I like them much better than the black wheels I use to have. I am on the fence about adding Renegade decals. I have been reading others having issues with the quality of the decals they are getting.
Anyways, I almost forgot to snap a picture before calling it a night. Sorry for all the junk around it. Still trying to get settled from the move into the new place.
image-3607162646.jpg  
Unread 04-29-2012, 03:19 AM   #126
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23 View Post
Did some work on Project 23 today. I only spent a few hours with her today, but made some good progress. The next two weeks I'm on call for work so I'll be able to spend my weeknights working on it.
I'm really digging the aluminum wheels. I like them much better than the black wheels I use to have. I am on the fence about adding Renegade decals. I have been reading others having issues with the quality of the decals they are getting.
Anyways, I almost forgot to snap a picture before calling it a night. Sorry for all the junk around it. Still trying to get settled from the move into the new place.
Spoke to Phoenix direct yesterday about my dismal decals failure. They said they have 3 different grades of transfer sheet adhesive, light medium and heavy. Why the fark they'd have heavy is beyond me. I ended up paying for a new set of the "oranges" from them in the hope that Morris will refund my CC. Phoenix gave me 50 bucks off. he said he'd personally see that they are nice and new and fresh. I have my fingers crossed. If you did them would you go the blues? Would like nice on the silver.
img_2023.jpg  
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #127
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

I wanted to give you guys a litle background on Project 23. This is the website where I first seen her and it shows a description and pictures of how she use to look. I purchased her a few days shy of a year now and I wouldn't trade her for anything. Well, unless you throw a brand new Range Rover in front of me

http://rudys-cjs.com/cj_photo_galler...5500_sold_5911
Unread 04-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #128
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Doing a little reading on my lunch break earlier today. I scored a brand new Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x4 four channel amp off Craigslist yesterday for $100. To think that I almost Dropped $170 for one on Saturday night from EBay.
Anyways, looks like the installation of the sound system will commence sooner than I thought.
image-1442696567.jpg  
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #129
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

I got the head lights, buckets and mesh covers installed along with the mirrors and the plastic frame cover between the grill and bumper.
Tomorrow I thinking about tackling the roll bar or the windshield wiper parts. Oh, I found out a high school buddy installs windshields for a local company. I will be getting a new windshield in a few weeks. Of course I get the buddy discount
Oh well, off to bed........
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #130
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23
Doing a little reading on my lunch break earlier today. I scored a brand new Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x4 four channel amp off Craigslist yesterday for $100. To think that I almost Dropped $170 for one on Saturday night from EBay.
Anyways, looks like the installation of the sound system will commence sooner than I thought.
Nice score, your gonna really like that amp. I've got that same one in my daily driver and for its size it can't be beat.

David
2girlsAndaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #131
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledochawk

Nice score, your gonna really like that amp. I've got that same one in my daily driver and for its size it can't be beat.
Yep, I'm stoked to get these amps installed. Maybe that will be this weekends project.
Anyways, here is a fresh pix just taken 5 minutes ago. She's starting to come together.
Enjoy your Tuesday ladies and gents
image-1442109824.jpg  
Unread 05-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #132
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

I just dropped $22 on one of those laminated colored wiring diagrams off Ebay. Hopefully it will be here by the weekend so I can start going through the dash wiring.
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #133
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

nice teaser pic 23! I didn't know they sold the wiring diagrams on ebay, thats pretty convenient. I am lucky enough to have a plotter available at my work, so I just plotted one up on some 36"x64" and it came out real nice.

David
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #134
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledochawk View Post
nice teaser pic 23! I didn't know they sold the wiring diagrams on ebay, thats pretty convenient. I am lucky enough to have a plotter available at my work, so I just plotted one up on some 36"x64" and it came out real nice.
Damn, I wouldn't mind one of those either for these old eyes. I have the colored wiring diagram floating around from this site, but I can't get it any bigger than legal size. The one I bought off Ebay isn't much bigger than legal, but it's laminated
Unread 05-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #135
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

pm me an address and I'll send you one.

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.