Project 23's Paint - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Project 23's Paint

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 10-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #826
1983 CJ7 

We had an orange Tabby while I was in high school and college, love that cat. When I called him he came a running and jumped in my lap. Unlike those stupid Siamese my Mom loves that get just close enough to smell your finger and then turn away.

Sorry about your friend, 12 years is a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23 View Post
As of today, September 29, 2013 I have officially changed the name of my CJ7. I have changed the name as a memorial to my 12 year old cat whom is fighting cancer as I write this. He's been with me since he was 8 weeks old and has been my shadow all 12 of the years. His spot in my chair and spot next to my pillows will soon be empty, but he will always live in my memories and will always have a spot in my heart. This is dedicated to my buddy named EDDIE........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Sorry to hear about Eddie, but you did the right thing.

Coincidently, our female cat is named Eddy (short for Edith), our male is Archie. You youngsters probably don't remember the sitcom called All in the Family.

Anyway, when I first got my new iPhone, I was messing with the camera and happened to snap this pic right when Eddy yawned. It's one of my favorites....

Matt
Matt, I remember it well, in fact, every time you post I think of Archie Bunker

Unread 01-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #827
jason400
1985 CJ7 

So all said and done, how much coin and time do you think went into the Jeep. I have a 85 that was originally silver but has since been painted blue by the PO. I am hoping to start on it this year and going back to silver.
jason400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #828
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason400 View Post
So all said and done, how much coin and time do you think went into the Jeep. I have a 85 that was originally silver but has since been painted blue by the PO. I am hoping to start on it this year and going back to silver.
Never really kept track of time or money spent on getting it where it's at today. I would say to take your time and do things as you can afford them. I went overboard with trying to get everything done at once and it's a hit to the wallet with paint, tires, wheels, stereo, exaust, decals, etc.
The good thing is that it's "done" and the spending has came to a trickle now. Sure I want to get a new Kentrol SS front bumper for it and maybe some other smaller stuff, but that stuff isn't going to put a dent into my wallet.
Also, I do have some misc parts that I'll be posting in the for sale section. Not sure what you need, but keep your eyes peeled....
PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #829
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Checked on my baby today and she's all snuggled up under the covers. Can't wait till spring so I can wake her up.
Also, going to order a Kentrol stainless steel front bumper in the near future. Only bad thing is that since I have a reverse shackle in the front, I'll have to cut two notches in the bumper to make it fit. Can't see it unless you get underneath.....
Unread 01-31-2014, 09:53 PM   #830
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Stopped by my buddies to pay rent for storage and snapped a few pictures. I cannot wait to get her out of storage.
Also drank a few beers and played some cornhole. Walked away without losing one game. Guess I'm just that good
image-3139465353.jpg

Unread 02-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #831
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

"Played cornhole"?
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #832
SKT
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScroungerLee

"Played cornhole"?

You realize that was after he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23

Stopped by my buddies to pay rent

Remember Steve, this is a G-rated/family friendly forum, jus' sayin'...

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #833
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Yeah, I was hoping it was a game of some sort that I never heard of.
Unread 02-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #834
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Ha ha ha, knuckleheads.... The name cornhole always makes me wonder why they picked such a questionable name. I can see maybe something like corn bag hole or even corn bag toss. Anyways, my team went 10-0 and I'm not tooting my own horn, but I carried everybody I was teamed up with. Alright, I'm tooting my own horn
Unread 02-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #835
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Ok, I guess it is some kind of game I never heard of!
Unread 02-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #836
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Great project! I have really enjoyed this thread.

Quote:
Rub a dub dub
My wheel flares are in the tub

Getting a long overdue bath to get the dirt, grime, bugs, tar, etc. Though the wife didn't really appreciate me using the tub, she will get over it.
Now that they're all cleaned up I need to bring them back to life as they are dull and a bit faded. Anybody have any suggestions to bring them back to life?

So I know you are long past this but I wanted to weigh in.

On my YJ I used back to black, which is an oil + silicon + polishing mix. It works, and I was able to bring back my white bumpers to black...but over the course of several weeks really working it in every day before I drove it.

I also introduced my friend's CJ8 to it and he is going through the long process of B2B.

What works better is actually pretty simple and much faster. Get some fine sandpaper (or start with a grit necessary to work out your scratches) and give it a rub. Then when its still rough start soaking it in WD40 for a few days. I did mine over several weeks because I had no use for them. After a while the plastic will start soaking up the oils it needs to turn black.

Then use a finer sandpaper with WD40 as some lube, and rub it down. This doesn't take too long really...maybe 30 mins for all four. Then finally I used a drill bit buffer wheel attachment and some plastic polisher (the white clay stuff) and gave it a nice buff. My 40 year old flares were good or better than new!

My Frame-Off
Kastraelie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #837
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

We use to call it a bean bag toss game..
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #838
wm69

Bag-o maybe. Yeesh

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #839
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Hey Steve,

My cousin and I toss a pretty mean game of corn-hole (keep it clean, guys). We were the undefeated champs at our last family reunion.

Have you ever played beer frisbee? If not, do a search. It's even more fun than cornhole.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #840
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Ha ha ha, knuckleheads.... The name cornhole always makes me wonder why they picked such a questionable name. I can see maybe something like corn bag hole or even corn bag toss. Anyways, my team went 10-0 and I'm not tooting my own horn, but I carried everybody I was teamed up with. Alright, I'm tooting my own horn
I always assumed it was for people too inebriated to play a proper (safe) game of horse shoes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.