Project 23's Paint - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Project 23's Paint

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsNew jk doors from steinjager

Unread 08-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #796
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Really getting to dislike this site for this reason!!!!!!

image-682355286.jpg

Unread 08-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #797
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

And again within two minutes
image-1961029283.jpg

Unread 08-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #798
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

I'm back biaatches

Seems as though everything has been fixed with the issues from last week. It was so hard to stay away from the site.
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #799
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

I got the parse error numerous times yesterday. I just kept hitting the report button while I drank my coffee. Then I got bored and moved on.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #800
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

I took Project 23 out on her first "long distance" this past weekend to attend a Jeep show. 40 miles each way plus a few more to head over to my buddies house on the way home. So approx 100 miles and she drove like a dream. I did find out my speedometer is off by 8- 10 MPH.
So, when I thought she was going 55 MPH, she was actually doing around 65. I topped out at around 75 MPH!!! No shakes, wobbles, etc. Solid ride which made me very happy
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #801
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23 View Post
I took Project 23 out on her first "long distance" this past weekend to attend a Jeep show. 40 miles each way plus a few more to head over to my buddies house on the way home. So approx 100 miles and she drove like a dream. I did find out my speedometer is off by 8- 10 MPH.
So, when I thought she was going 55 MPH, she was actually doing around 65. I topped out at around 75 MPH!!! No shakes, wobbles, etc. Solid ride which made me very happy
I did this the very first day I had my Jeep on the road back in June! 35 miles up to a Jeep show, 25 mile ride which was torture on my Jeep, then 35 miles back. I also found I was about 10 MPH lite on the speedometer by using a GPS app on my phone. I was pretty happy despite losing two fender flares on the so called "Barbie Jeep Ride"!
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #802
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

"I also found I was about 10 MPH lite on the speedometer by using a GPS app on my phone"
That's exactly how I found out. I was using an app named Waze which informed me that a cop was ahead of me approx a mile. I looked at the speedomter and compared it to the app and it was approx 10 MPH off. Good thing because ol' Project 23 might have a speeding ticket. Is that even possible in a stockish CJ?
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #803
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

So I went out to Home Depot this past Saturday to pick up some for sale signs as I was planning on putting Project 23 on the chopping block. I got home and threw the signs on my work bench and went fishing for a few hours.
When I got home I was greeted by a very mad and upset wifey pooh. Boy did she lay into me because she saw the for sale signs and an outline of Project 23 with detailed information regarding parts and what I've done to it with the restoration.
The only words I could get in is that I was doing it for the family and the money would help us. She wasn't buying it and continued to go off the hook telling me that I'm not selling the Jeep because I would regret it, I've put too much work and money into it, etc. As she was going off I realized that she was right, but I let her continue.
When she was done I simpily stood up, grabbed her, gave her a kiss, hugged her and told her that she was the best. So I guess Project 23 isn't going anywhere which is fine with me
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #804
I6CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Now thats an awesome wife.
I6CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #805
wm69

Sounds like you should keep the Jeep and you should hold on even tighter to your wife......

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #806
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Beware.

Whenever my wife is unusually supportive of my CJ addiction, it means she's planning to spend at least twice as much on some new house furnishings, or clothes, or.....name your poison.

Don't ever fall for the old "i just love you, honey, and want you to be happy" trick. It's never that easy.

Matt (Who has been happily married for 23 years, and has managed to hold onto his CJ for that whole time.)
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #807
wm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Beware.

Whenever my wife is unusually supportive of my CJ addiction, it means she's planning to spend at least twice as much on some new house furnishings, or clothes, or.....name your poison.

Don't ever fall for the old "i just love you, honey, and want you to be happy" trick. It's never that easy.

Matt (Who has been happily married for 23 years, and has managed to hold onto his CJ for that whole time.)
LOL. It's the Yoda of the CJ forum.

Sounds like very wise advice.....

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #808
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Nah, she doesn't really get into materialistic things and doubt she'll go out on a spending spree. Why you ask? Because she's the sensible one in the relationship with saving money. I'm the spender.....
I was playing around with the idea of selling the CJ because we're gearing up to start house hunting. Though neither of us want to purchase a fix er upper and probably won't happen, we both know what new homes and previously owned homes take to make it ours. We built a house approx 10 years ago and with installing irrigation, landscaping, window treatments, paint for every single room, etc., that puts a serious hurting on the bank account.
Now with a previously owned house, we need to consider that the previous owners taste in paint colors isn't what we like, landscaping probably isn't up to my standards (I use to be in the landscaping business), etc.
So I was basically trying to take one for the team with selling the CJ. I'm glad my wife has a good head on her shoulders because without her, I'd be living paycheck to paycheck like 80% of people in the US.
Like they say, opposites attract.....
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #809
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Drove P23 to work today and the odometer is about to hit 115,000 miles. The good thing is that my engine was rebuilt approx 400 miles ago and the odometer wasn't changed. So in reality its about to hit 400 (give or take).
It was a nice ride, but a tad chilly (glad I wore a jacket). I had a good laugh when a mini van momma pulled up behind me with her offspring in the back seats and took some pictures of my bumper sticker. She then sent the picture via text to somebody and was laughing so hard. She tried to get next to me, but kept getting stuck behind another car. Not sure if she was going to ask me about the sticker or if she was going to yell at me.
Anyways, the bumper sticker say
My other ride is your mom
Unread 09-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #810
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Been going back and forth with this, but I think the time has come to put the soft top on P23. I'll keep it down and stored in the soft top cover until needed. Or since I have a Sunrider, I can fold the front section back when I want to drive her. Either way with the crazy weather around here and the lack of accurate weather forcasts, I think its best that I do this.
I need to figure out a way to store the upper doors so they're out of the way and secure so sticky fingers don't lift them. Maybe lean them against the front seats and use a cable lock to secure them to the seat brackets?
Anyways, P23 goes into storage NLT November 1st so I still have some time to drive her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.