Project 23's Paint - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Project 23's Paint

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #46
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Can somebody say lawsuit against the paint shop?
The Jeep was done and we set up a Sunday delivery (today). I sat in my driveway as the flatbed made its way to my house. The driver proceeded to backup and for some strange reason he didn't see my wife's car (Honda Crv) Smash crackle pop as he took out the rear window, bent the roof up and other damage.
The driver then dropped the Jeep off and as he was jumping off the flatbed with chain and hook in hand he hit the rear quarter panel with the hook. I told him that I would not accept delivery, but he packed up and left without giving me his insurance info.
Lawsuit will be in somebody's future

Unread 04-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #47
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Leaving the scene of an accident is a felony. Call the police and they will arrest him

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift
Confer Engineering Shackles
32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrains

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #48
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT 23 View Post
Can somebody say lawsuit against the paint shop?
The Jeep was done and we set up a Sunday delivery (today). I sat in my driveway as the flatbed made its way to my house. The driver proceeded to backup and for some strange reason he didn't see my wife's car (Honda Crv) Smash crackle pop as he took out the rear window, bent the roof up and other damage.
The driver then dropped the Jeep off and as he was jumping off the flatbed with chain and hook in hand he hit the rear quarter panel with the hook. I told him that I would not accept delivery, but he packed up and left without giving me his insurance info.
Lawsuit will be in somebody's future
Damn, what a cluster...that'll ruin your wheaties.

Have you contacted the paint shop? Is the delivery company a sub-contractor of the paint shop, or is it in-house?

Aside from the hook damage, how's she look?

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #49
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

I contacted the paint shop as its one of their drivers. I guess the guy dropped of the flatbed, told the owner that he quit, jumped into his car and drove away.
The police have been notified and they are looking for the guy. The jeep looks great except the rear quarter. He put a small quarter sized dent into the sheet metal and scraped the paint.
Gotta go, the police just pulled up to my house.
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #50
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Wow! What a real pain. I hope it works out OK!
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #51
Bobs85Reny
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post
Well, Hopefully the final product will be a quality job... and the CJ won't slide off the back of the truck on the trip home!
Ken I think you jinxed him!
Bobs85Reny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #52
johnsom5
1986 CJ7 

Has to be April fools. Good one though. Pictures or it didn't happen!
johnsom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #53
Bobs85Reny
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsom5 View Post
I hope your right. That would really suck if its not. He's been like a kid waiting for Christmas to come
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #54
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsom5
Ha ha you knuckleheads, Happy April Fools Day
I should get Project 23 back early this week. I will be sure to post pix. Other than that, it's been a long 3 weeks...
Unread 04-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #55
Bobs85Reny
1985 CJ7 

Nice you got us!
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #56
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Still waiting for the call from the paint shop to schedule a drop off date and time. Do these guys know I'm actually having dreams about what Project 23 is going to look like. Damn them!!!!!
My wife has granted permission to store the Jeep at our new place instead of my brother's house which is 30 minutes away. This will give me more time after work to get it back together. She did tell me that I have till the end of May to get it back together and running or else it will get shipped off to my brother's house until finished.
The only issue I will run into is the electrical. Other than that I should have no issue. If I only knew of a site member that is an electrical whizz to help me. Hmm, is there anybody that lives near me that wants to help? Beer, food etc will be provided I know of one person that lives about 30 minutes from me and he is the master whizz when it comes to electronics, but he already shot me down with helping
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #57
Bobs85Reny
1985 CJ7 

I would have offered help but you live to far. I am not an electrical wizard but after mine went up in flames I had to rewire the damn thing and it was a pain.
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #58
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Steve,

I think the reassembly is going to go faster than you think. I put mine back together in about 2 days, working solo. I did not remove my dash, however, since it was in good shape and I didn't want to deal with the electrical.

It appears you've done a good job of labeling the wires, and I know you've seen Keith's "Classic Dash" thread, so you'll be fine. Just get after it, and stay after it, you'll be kickin' back with a brew and admiring your work in no time.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #59
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

I just snagged these wheel dollies off Craigslist for $40 (for all of them). They should come in handy to move Project 23 to the middle of the garage when working on it.
The guy had them listed for $70, but I got him down by $30....Damn I'm a good with lowballing people

Now I just need my Jeep back from the paint shop!!!! Everytime my phone rings my heart starts to beat faster with anticipation that its the paint shop calling.
dollies.jpg  
Unread 04-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #60
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Project 23 is finally done being painted!!!!!! The crappy part is that a few of my co-workers are out and about so I'm covering for the rest of the day so I can't break out to go see it
I am scheduling a drop off on Tuesday morning since I took the day off work. Guess its time to get ready for some late nights in the garage between packing and moving into a new place.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.