Procomp Lift Probs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Procomp Lift Probs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-12-2004, 07:42 AM   #1
ollietonk
1986 CJ7 

Procomp Lift Probs

I just installed a 4 inch Procomp suspension lift on an 86 CJ7. Now I'm having problems with the stock shackels sitting right. 3 of them sit at almost 90 degrees and look OK. The front drivers side is laying back, flat against the frame. I checked the measurments when I put the new springs on and everything checked out fine. I've tried loosening the bolts on the shackel, take the weight off the Jeep, then set it down again but the shackel keeps goning overcenter. My theories range from the stock shackels are too short, to the actual spring is too short.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, with the 4 inch lift, am I going to need to lengthen the driveshafts? Thanks for any input.

ollietonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.