Problems with power steering pump - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Problems with power steering pump

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 02-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Jeepguy91

Problems with power steering pump

Well i am in the process of finishing up my motor swap in my 86 cj7. I am swapping in a 360 v8 out of a 79 j-10. The problem i am having is that when i go to hook up the power steering lines to the back of the 360 power steering pump, the one line that threads in won't fit. Was wondering if anybody else has had this problem and what you did to correct it.

Thanks,
Ben

89 XJ- stock for now
Jeepguy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
rishar1
1973 CJ5 

I had the same problem. Well that and the hoses were to short I ended up going to the local tractor repair shop and had the hoses custom made to fit.
rishar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
frodin1
1980 CJ7 

Yup, just find a local hydraulic shop to make some new lines for you. There's usually a Parker equipment supplier in just about every town.
frodin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

There's nothing wrong with the hose/lines. Swap out the fitting on the back of the pump. Use the one from your other pump, or just use your other pump.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
CSP

Do as Pavement Pounder said.

Anything '79 or older uses SAE inverted flare fittings. Anything '80 and newer uses a metric, o-ring type fitting.

The fittings on the back of the pump that the lines attach to just unscrew from the pump itself.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.