Pressure Control Valve - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Pressure Control Valve

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
refderek

Pressure Control Valve

1978 CJ7 304 V-8

I just upgraded to an Edelbrock Aluminum Intake and some new chrome valve covers. I put a grommet and PCV at the rear passenger side of the intake and ran the hose to the front of the carb. The valve covers currently have to holes or grommets. At about 1,500 rpms - there is still too much pressure and it blows the oil filler cap off.

What is the best route to take to properly have the pressure control regulated properly? Thanks.

refderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

Check to make sure the port you have the PCV hose hooked to is manifold vacuum. Not ported vacuum.

If not..Time to rebuild the motor. The only way you will have that much crank case pressure is with ring blow by. My V8 has solid valve covers, and the crank case pressure is easily managed with the PCV valve.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.