Prep needed to re spray interior lining? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Prep needed to re spray interior lining?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 11-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
usf
1984 CJ7 

Prep needed to re spray interior lining?

I just purchased a 1983 CJ7. The previous owner had the interior rhino lined, etc.. It needs to be re-done and I was going to spray it myself. What prep will I need to do in order for the new lining to be adhesive? Hopefully, I won't have to chisel the the old off.

Thanks

usf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
gatorsgirl
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You should just have to scuff up any bare metal showing and spray those areas ( I"ve even used a paint brush). Also try RHINO Shine....over the areas you dont have to touch up. It will look like you just lined the whole jeep. The product smells awful, but dries fairly quick. Works great.
[COLOR="Lime"][FONT="Arial Black"] Green Jeep Club Member #335[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"][B]Jeeps of VT #7[/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR="Lime"][/COLOR]Green Mountain Crawlers #178[/B]
[I][COLOR="Orange"]Only On A Jeep[/COLOR][/I]
gatorsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
CrazyHorse6
1979 CJ7 

If you ever need to get Rhino lining off, just use brake fluid. It also eats paint, rubber, silicon, plastic, garden tools, and small children.

"I've got something called boat clear, I think you use it to clean boats with...."

Are you military or former military? Take a look at militaryjeepers.com!
CrazyHorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.