Pre Smurfadelic Blue Monstaliner - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Pre Smurfadelic Blue Monstaliner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #16
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Oh well. Can't see it from my house.

Then again, it can't look any worse than my Heep.

Unread 08-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #17
1983 CJ7 

Ya'll Debbie Downer's should venture over to Pirate and tell those guys they should not cut their CJ's

Looks good, the car wash will be your friend
Unread 08-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #18
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoF250 View Post
What are you talking about? You are not the first to use Monstaliner. Are you denying it would be hard to get off? Do you think that surface will be easy to clean?
Chill out Reno ....it would be a nightmare to take off and I have no plans of that ever being a factor, and yes, it is easier to clean than rhino liner or linex type bedliners, and it will not fade and chalk like others. It doesn't have a pourus rough surface. Have you used it?? Is it easier to clean than painted surface, I'm sure it isn't- it's a Jeep...used for offroad, not to sit around and admire how pretty and clean it is. I don't worry about mud and rust like other parts of the country. This Jeep has no rust whatsoever-I have other vehicles, motorcycles, that I admire their chrome and flash. If I get tired of this, I'll just sell it and get another, it's one of many in my past and I'm sure not the last.
mooncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Moon,
The main thing here is that you like it. We're just giving our opinions so please don't take it to heart. Heck, I was razzed about putting carpet and a nice stereo system in my CJ. In the end it's my name on the title and I will do what I want and when I want. Though bed liner isn't my cup of tea on the exterior, it's your rig and if you're happy, that's all that matters.....
Please be sure to post pictures when this bad boy is put back together
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #20
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Put it together, run it thru the dirt/mud and then wash it and report back. I'm curious to see how tough it's going to be to keep looking as good as it does now. I'd consider doing the same with a color that was a little less "loud" on my junker if I could beat the dirt off without too much extra elbow grease.
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #21
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Hey moon,

nice work sticking to your guns despite the opinions (opinions are good, lets you see what others think) and attacks (lets not be rude, he didn't paint YOUR jeep). I probably wouldn't do my jeep in liner, but I want to take it to some shows and street drive as well as wheel it. If I were building a hill beater, I'd line it for sure.

I cant wait to see a fully assembled pic!
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #22
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I think it looks great, even if it is monstaliner I've never used the product and probably never will. I prefer raptor liner but that's not important. Don't let them bug you I plan to spray my xj in raptor and redo the faded yellow. Good luck and keep up the good work.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #23
motiv8ya
1979 CJ7 

Looks good! Let me know how it holds up in the AZ Heat. I have only painted (spray can) my grill so far and the Monsta is growing on me. It wouldn't be too hard to strip my grill again and just line the whole thing. Monsta's site says its good from -22* to 190*. Just curious if it softens above 190* and what the desert/engine heat combination will do to it.
motiv8ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #24
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

moon,

Is that a land cruiser poster in your garage? You cheater!!
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #25
Jon In Tucson
Jesus Is Lord!

1983 CJ5 

Wow! That sure is blue... Won't be hard to spot you on the trail.
Cleaning will be a little harder, but you won't waste a lot of time waxing it.
God bless.
Jon In Tucson

"The secret to a Jeep, especially a CJ, is you can't
panic." - Mike

"I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I do know grounds."
Jon In Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #26
outdoorguy86
1983 CJ7 

Looks good! I did mine in Suicide Blonde. Some people are completely against the idea, I love it. I have heard about people waxing the finish to help facilitate removal of dirt. Mine being yellow shows grease very well. some simple green and a rag took it right off, nothing in getting stuck in crevices or anything like that. Its really not like most bedliners, and most people dont understand that. Its more like a lightly textured drywall finish.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #2086

[COLOR="black"] /l , [/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"] [____],
l---L---OlllllllO-[/COLOR]
()_) ()_)=[COLOR="Yellow"]@[/COLOR]=)_)

[COLOR="Cyan"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/nicks-83-cj7-frame-off-build-1360039/"]My Build[/URL][/COLOR]
outdoorguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #27
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
moon,

Is that a land cruiser poster in your garage? You cheater!!
Yes, a cruiser head at heart! I like to say that I drive a Jeep now due to Obamanomics .

Seriously like Jeeps but I wouldn't mind picking up another FJ40
Unread 08-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #28
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorguy86 View Post
Looks good! I did mine in Suicide Blonde. Some people are completely against the idea, I love it. I have heard about people waxing the finish to help facilitate removal of dirt. Mine being yellow shows grease very well. some simple green and a rag took it right off, nothing in getting stuck in crevices or anything like that. Its really not like most bedliners, and most people dont understand that. Its more like a lightly textured drywall finish.
Looks good!
Unread 08-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #29
mooncruiser

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budblind View Post
Wow! That sure is blue... Won't be hard to spot you on the trail.
Cleaning will be a little harder, but you won't waste a lot of time waxing it.
God bless.
Jon In Tucson
Hi Jon-

Are you the gentleman that bought those front springs? If so, hope they worked out for you.

thx
Bob
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #30
87_YJ_Knight
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Damn moon, I thought everyone on this board was pretty friendly, I hadn't seen a single flame on this forum.... until your thread... you would think that you had naked pictures of someone's wife painted on the hood of your jeep... you don't do you???? well here's to freedom... your jeep your paint... their opinions your thread...

I have a pretty clean YJ that I am thinking of doing some monstaliner on, and I am in AZ too, with a rust free 87... (oh no!!! I am the devil incarnate!!!!)

I would be interesting in hearing how durable the finish is and how it holds up to the heat this time of year. I do not plan on doing the whole jeep myself but hell more power to you that you did...

Do you have a re-assembled picture?
87_YJ_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.