Practicing inserting photobucket pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Practicing inserting photobucket pics

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 04-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Practicing inserting photobucket pics

Just thought I'd have a crack at using photobucket for installing photos with words. There was a thread telling me how but I can't seem to find it now.

Can someone help me with how to put text above or below each photo please? Is that what they are calling "tags"?

jeep8.jpg   jeep7.jpg  
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Its easy with Microsoft Paint program on every operating system.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
sertshark
1986 CJ7 

Minimum posts to upload photos?

Looks good.

But I thought we had to have, like 25 posts, before we could upload photos? I've been taking a few photos of my Howell install, and wanted to post the photos. But I didn't want to start posting the photos until I was sure they'd post.

Don't we need 25 posts? (I even remember reading the # was 50)

Sharkman
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
my-jeep-earl
1971 CJ5 

I think it was something like 50 posts or so many days after registering.
my-jeep-earl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
Zuccus
1982 CJ7 

Deleted double post
Zuccus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
Zuccus
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo
Just thought I'd have a crack at using photobucket for installing photos with words. There was a thread telling me how but I can't seem to find it now.

Can someone help me with how to put text above or below each photo please? Is that what they are calling "tags"?
Gazzo, where did you get this 2nd pic. First time I have seen a renegade exactly like mine.
Zuccus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
bentring
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo View Post

The tags are how the forum software knows that you want to post pics that are hosted on another site rather than just giving a link to the pics.

The easiest way to do it is to click the postcard looking icon of the mountain just above the response box which will give you a pop up that tells you to enter the url of the image. The popup will add the tags for you. You can just type them by hand, which may be quicker and easier if you have many pictures to post.

For instance, this picture

looks like this in text

[IMG]http://www.bentring.com/jeep/pics/whitejeep.jpg[/IMG ] but with no space before the the last ] . The tag is the IMG in brackets and notice the / on the second IMG.

If I weren't to use the IMG tag that picture would show up as
http://www.bentring.com/jeep/pics/whitejeep.jpg

which is a clickable link but is useless when you want people to see the pictures in a thread.

To put text just above or just below a pic you simply type what you want to type in the response box, then hit enter to go down a line and post your link of the pic in IMG tags on the next line.

Code:
Text above picture                                              [IMG]link-to-pic[/IMG]
[IMG]link-to-pic[/IMG]                                           Text below picture
It's usually best to put a couple or three empty lines between pictures so everything is easily understood. And the Preview Post button is your best friend so you can see how things will turn out before replying and you will be able to change things that are mistyped etc.
bentring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Thanks folks, I'll give it a crack.

Zuccus that's my 84 atop the dunes north of Perth. We normally pile up there on a nice day for sunset duning and drinks. Some pretty big hills out there. CJ and the wife's shopping cart (JK) eat it. Everything else gets stuck. So much fun.

First pic is direct from computer,
second one is from photobucket. I'll sort the tags and stuff out after breakfast.
cj8-kids4.jpg   jeepatledge1.jpg  
Unread 04-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #9
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

No I won't, I'm gunna go down to the shop to see why my new brake booster conversion feels like crap when you're trying to bleed. Pedal goes almost to the floor before it feels like you've got something.
And the clutch cylinder's piston/cup has got stuck all the way in so I have to pull that apart too. Damn thing, I wanted to bring it home today.
Unread 04-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Thanks folks, I'll give it a crack.

Zuccus that's my 84 atop the dunes north of Perth. We normally pile up there on a nice day for sunset duning and drinks. Some pretty big hills out there. CJ and the wife's shopping cart (JK) eat it. Everything else gets stuck. So much fun.

First pic is direct from computer,
second one is from photobucket. I'll sort the tags and stuff out after breakfast.
Unread 04-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #11
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Hmmm double posting, it's early..
Unread 04-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #12
my-jeep-earl
1971 CJ5 

I'd like to try this, sorry if it doesn't work!

Nope, didn't
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
my-jeep-earl
1971 CJ5 

One more try
111_0240.jpg  
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
my-jeep-earl
1971 CJ5 

It worked, sorry it's my son's YJ tho!
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #15
my-jeep-earl
1971 CJ5 

another few
102_0714.jpg   102_0715.jpg   102_0717.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.