Powertrax no slip locker ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Powertrax no slip locker ?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 02-12-2002, 04:48 AM   #1
JIM79CJ7

Powertrax no slip locker ?

Anyone running this locker ? Would appreciate your help , I know someone out there's gotta be running one ? Good or bad?
My jeep is a daily driver, I've read tech reports and install reports but I would really like to hear from people who have or have had them . amc 20 rearend.
thanks
JIM

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2002, 05:56 PM   #2
CJ Lover

i have the locker your talking about. i use my Jeep as a daily driver as well as offroad rig. i have had no problems with this locker, except regular maintainence (thrust washers etc) about 2 dollars in parts. it works great on road as well as offraod. no complaints and i would definately reccomend it
Unread 02-12-2002, 06:05 PM   #3
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

I also have the Powertrax No-slip and am happy with it so far. It is a real PITA to install in an AMC20 with 4.56 gears though. The carrier has to come out and the ring gear needs to be removed to get the cross shaft out. Still, it's only a 2-3 hour job. Mine is pretty noisy - perhaps as noisy as a Detroit Locker but I can live with it as long as the offroad performance is there. A few of my friends also have this locker and are happy with it. They have them installed in D/35's and don't seem to have the noise issues that I have.
Unread 02-13-2002, 02:28 AM   #4
JIM79CJ7

If it's good enough for the oldjeepguy &a cjlover its got to be good !!!!!!
thanks guy's appreciate it !

Steve , still working on getting to the "Family cage" Gonna go buy this locker soon And install one piece axle kit that Santa Claus brought Me. Figured I'd do it all at one time . I've gotta get locked so I can go wheelin with you and osburn sometime ! Thanks again
JIM

ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

Unread 02-13-2002, 08:58 AM   #5
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally posted by JIM79CJ7:
If it's good enough for the oldjeepguy &a cjlover its got to be good !!!!!!
thanks guy's appreciate it !

Steve , still working on getting to the "Family cage" Gonna go buy this locker soon And install one piece axle kit that Santa Claus brought Me. Figured I'd do it all at one time . I've gotta get locked so I can go wheelin with you and osburn sometime ! Thanks again
JIM
I got mine from Pro Gear in Kearny Mesa for about $380 out the door - this included new ring gear bolts since I wanted to replace them. As long as you pay attention when you remove the carrier/ring gear and put it all back exactly as it came out you will not need to reset the ring and pinion.
Where in Socal are you located again?
Unread 02-13-2002, 11:20 AM   #6
JIM79CJ7

Steve ,
I'm in Santa Clarita , Up here by Magic Mountain . I don't think I'll have to pull ring gear with the 4:10's. This locker looked like a good unit and sounds like a wise on and off road choice . I'm gonna be doing Lone pine to Death valley run next weekend (FEB. 22 -24 ) look for pics on my sight afterwards
THANKS AGAIN , JIM

ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.