Power Steering Hose - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Power Steering Hose

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #1
jlipman
1980 CJ5 

Power Steering Hose

I am replacing my power steering pressure line. The new hose looks nothing like the old one. I went to three shops and all said I should have the same hose that does not match my hose. The new hose fitting won't fit on my pump. Any ideas what is going on?

jlipman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 04:22 PM   #2
jlipman
1980 CJ5 

Here is a picture of both hoses.
image_1425248541785.jpg

Unread Yesterday, 07:06 PM   #3
jlipman
1980 CJ5 

I figured it out. I am missing a fitting on the pump.The PO must have used a different hose that did not need the fitting.
Unread Today, 10:02 AM   #4
jlipman
1980 CJ5 

Looks like I had the fitting. I also figured it out. A word of warning for those that have a 1980 CJ. While my CJ is a 1980 the power steering pump and therefore steering box are 1979's. There was a change in fittings between the two years. Unfortunately, I discovered this AFTER installing the steering box. So, I now need to order a new fitting for the back of my power steering pump to get it to accept the new 1980 hose. That is a lot better than pulling the steering box back out though. Ah, I also need to replace the fittings on the return line at the steering box.
Unread Today, 01:48 PM   #5
CSP

Find any '80 and up pump in a junkyard and use the fittings from it. Probably easier than finding someone who knows what to order for you.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.