power brake vacumm hookup question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > power brake vacumm hookup question

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 03-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
molsenice
1964 CJ5 

power brake vacumm hookup question

got a guy who just gave me a real nice set of tires for my project - all he wants in return is for me to be there to offer what advise I can for his projects. His question today was that on his jeep project, there does not seem to be available anywhere for him to hook up the hose for the power brake.

If I am not mistaken, he could splice into a vacuum hose with a T fitting, creating a new connection - Is this correct?

molsenice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
jayhawkclint
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsenice
got a guy who just gave me a real nice set of tires for my project - all he wants in return is for me to be there to offer what advise I can for his projects. His question today was that on his jeep project, there does not seem to be available anywhere for him to hook up the hose for the power brake.

If I am not mistaken, he could splice into a vacuum hose with a T fitting, creating a new connection - Is this correct?
What motor?
Unread 03-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

There should be a threaded hole 1/2" on the intake manifold to use as a vacuum source.
Unread 03-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #4
molsenice
1964 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams68
There should be a threaded hole 1/2" on the intake manifold to use as a vacuum source.
gotta ask what motor he has - he has vacumm to other things, he just needs to be able to tie in the booster - I figured splicing would work for his situation
Unread 03-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
Bromius76

I have a brake booster on the way and will be doing this exact upgrade. I have a 258. Any chance you guys could tell me where to hookup the vacuum line?

Pleeeeeez? :-D
Bromius76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

On the intake manifold, threaded fitting between the carb and the EGR valve.

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #7
gchandkeh

I am the person molsenice is speaking of. I have the AMC 4cyl. I cannot find an available or unused port. I realize on the 258's you have one above the EGR but on my 4cyl there is not one. Can I splice into an existing vacuum hose of the same size or bigger than my vacuum hose on the booster.
By the way, thanks molsenice for the question to these guys
Unread 03-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #8
evil-ant

The first place to look is on the manifold for a NPT plug on the casting, if it's not there, then look on the base of the carb for a large vaccum port with a cap, if no luck there then you have 3 options, buy a maniflod with the booster port, buy a spacer plate for the carb/manifold surface that has a 1/2" vaccum port or simply drill and tap for one in the manifold, NPT 3/8" or 1/2" of course. Teeing off the egr port is acceptable if it looks sufficent in size like the one in the picture up above.
evil-ant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #9
molsenice
1964 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-ant
The first place to look is on the manifold for a NPT plug on the casting, if it's not there, then look on the base of the carb for a large vaccum port with a cap, if no luck there then you have 3 options, buy a maniflod with the booster port, buy a spacer plate for the carb/manifold surface that has a 1/2" vaccum port or simply drill and tap for one in the manifold, NPT 3/8" or 1/2" of course. Teeing off the egr port is acceptable if it looks sufficent in size like the one in the picture up above.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance with either of these options bud

still think we could jut "T' into one of the lines of the same size though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.