Power brake conversion out of '84 nissan?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Power brake conversion out of '84 nissan??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
tcarlton
1984 CJ7 

Power brake conversion out of '84 nissan??

A little background on my project.. I'm installing a 4.3 vortec in my jeep and going with an automatic tran and I won't have the ability to downshift anymore, so I decided i need to upgrade my brakes to power brakes.

I've read some threads about brake conversions, and someone mentioned they didn't see why a booster and mc couldn't work out of another rig, such as a ford ranger, etc. Well, I went to my local wrecker today and grabbed a booster and mc out of an '84 nissan pickup (since no one in the area has any jeep parts!) It fits nicely, but i don't know if there would be any other reason it wouldn't work.

Does anyone have any insight? I can't try it out for a while since i'm still working on getting the jeep on the street, should I take my chances or return it? I have 30 days to figure it out. Thanks!

tcarlton is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.