Power Brake Conversion? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Power Brake Conversion?

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 10-29-2006, 10:05 PM   #1
ckritcoad
1986 CJ7 

Power Brake Conversion?

I am considering purchasing the MP Brakes power brake conversion. Do any of you have experience with this. I am tired of having to pump my brakes to build up pressure. I was just curious what all was involved? Is this an unbolt and bolt up project?
Thanks in advance for your help,

ckritcoad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

Vanco is the more popular choice as the owner actually hangs out in the various Jeep forums and provides assistance even if you aren't using his products. He has discount pricing from time to time.
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
John N
1981 CJ8 

One of my friends used the MP product on his CJ, the booster gave up after 2 to 3 years. We replaced it with the Navaho booster/MC from Off Again 4 Wheel Drive, it's much better than it ever was. The Vanco product is excellent also and, as Jeepskate says, he hangs out on here and is very helpful, even if you don't buy his products. Either is an easy bolt-up and bleed the brakes, all needed parts are included. Really big difference in stopping with their duel diaphram booster and bigger M/C.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
NCHornet

Van from Vanco just helped me with this same subject in another forum. I have a 77 CJ5 and am doing a frame off restore and will be using his vacuum boost kit on mine. $425 and it is complete.
16 year old son and I [/COLOR]

[URL="http://community.webshots.com/photo/2852549530062001545LlpPyR"]http://community.webshots.com/photo/2852549530062001545LlpPyR[/URL]
NCHornet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #5
Vancopbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet
Van from Vanco just helped me with this same subject in another forum. I have a 77 CJ5 and am doing a frame off restore and will be using his vacuum boost kit on mine. $425 and it is complete.
I am not going to say anything, I can't. But someone send this guy a PM and mention specials and where they may be.
South Gate, Ca 90280
800-256-6295
323-563-1588
Vancopbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
medwards
1977 CJ7 

my cj7 was coverted to power brakes. the brake booster and MC NISSAN brand? problem is the brake pedal sits very high and is very sensitive to braking. front wheels lock up instantly. what can be causing this?
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
medwards
1977 CJ7 

Hi all new to the forum. I have a 77 cj 7 that has already had a power brake coversion done. problem is the brake pedal sits very high and is very sensitive to touch. I touch the brakes and the fronts lock up. very touchy. the brake booster is accompanied with a Nissan master cylinder. to a proportionate valve .. why is this happening? help mike
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.