Power Brake Booster Pics - 1978 CJ7 V-8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Power Brake Booster Pics - 1978 CJ7 V-8

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
bigdee2

Power Brake Booster Pics - 1978 CJ7 V-8

I removed the power brake booster about 10 months ago to do some work on the steering and need some guideance on re-installing it. Anyone have some pics they can send me to assist? Thanks.

bigdee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
tevans59

1979 CJ7 

Should be a simple install, make sure the booster vacuum port is located at the top and insert the rod thru the wall and bolt the booster back up and reconnect the rod to the brake pedal, then bolt the MC back up and do not adjust the rod that goes between the MC and booster if you had good brakes before. I had to install a booster cause mine was manual and it went to smooth. oh yeah dont forget your vacuum line reconnect. You can search the forum for the pics also
tevans59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
bigdee2

Sure enough - I had the rods backwards. Thanks. Nice CJ BTW!!
bigdee2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.