Power booster problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Power booster problems

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
blue66tang

Power booster problems

I just finished the YJ power booster upgrade, and the booster doesnt work. I can hear it leak really bad when i push the brake down. Is this thing shot or can i fix it some how? It leaks so bad it actualy causes the engine to run very poorly. Also when/if i get a new one is the MC and booster all one or can i just get the booster. I got the booster and MC from a wrecking yard for 40 bucks i think i might see if i can get some money back or trade for another one, or do you guys think i should just go get a new one? Thanks

blue66tang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #2
blue66tang

O also, what did you guys do for an air cleaner afterwards. Mine wont fit at all, because of the brake lines. Does somebody make a spacer to go between the carb and the air cleaner?
Unread 04-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
MeCasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue66tang
I just finished the YJ power booster upgrade, and the booster doesnt work. I can hear it leak really bad when i push the brake down. Is this thing shot or can i fix it some how? It leaks so bad it actualy causes the engine to run very poorly. Also when/if i get a new one is the MC and booster all one or can i just get the booster. I got the booster and MC from a wrecking yard for 40 bucks i think i might see if i can get some money back or trade for another one, or do you guys think i should just go get a new one? Thanks
Wouldn't hurt to ask them or at least get some slack for another part, then get a new one, it's only $60 with a trade in, the bracket and MC are worth at least $40, you did OK
Unread 04-24-2006, 04:21 PM   #4
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

If it leaks from the cab side, the diaphragm is bad, and so is the booster. If it is leaking from he MC side, it's possable the rod seal is bad. These should be available from your local brake shop and are easy to replace.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
LuisR

I did the swap not to long ago, I had the same problem with the air filter no fitting, had to buy a tear drop air filter and it work out nice. just my 2 cents. I will sugest that you do put the nut in the push rod is nice to be able to adjusted. later dude
LuisR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
blue66tang

Does anybody make any spacers for the air cleaner? I kinda like the stock look.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.