Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Post Your 17" Wheels/Rims

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Military Jeeper 
#1 ·
I've exhausted my resources online, in magazines and have resorted to you all to help me in my final quest to find some wheels/rims.

I was adamant on 17x10" rims to run on my Waggy D44 Front end (I'm running Hi-steer and wanted 17's to ensure it clears the steering). However after weeks of searching wheel/rim shops everything I like is either discontinued, not in stock, or not in a 17x10".

In short, I'm back to probably going with 17" x 8" rims with a wheel spacer of some type as all the backspacing's for 17" rims is roughly 4 - 4.5.

My old wheels I never liked, they came with the Jeep, and they are a different lug pattern now so they aren't even a contender.

So in short, I'd greatly appreciate you posting your 17" wheels/rims............thanks.

#2 ·
one question, WHY 17's?

they are one of the least available rims (in truck style/sizes) and also have the least available tire options.

16's have a ton more options, and if they won't fit, 18's are more plentiful and offer a wider variety than 17's

it seems as though 17's are fast becoming the 16.5's of the modern wheel world

Hoss

#3 ·
Because they don't make the new BFG T/A KM2's in 15 or 16".....only reason. It kills me that the only tire I want isn't available in a 15". Damn BFG!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.