Possibly buying my first CJ5, few questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Possibly buying my first CJ5, few questions...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
jason280

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Possibly buying my first CJ5, few questions...

I've owned several Jeeps over the last few years, including 3 or 4 YJ's and a '99 TJ. I still currently own a '94 YJ, and I've been looking at adding another. I've always wanted an older, more "original" style Jeep, and would love to have a WWII or Korean War vintage Jeep. Problem is, they're few and far between, and are either compete rusted out nightmares or $10k plus. Well, I found a late '60s CJ5, and I am considering picking it up. Its a '69 with what I believe is the original Buick "Dauntless" V6 and 3-spd manual transmission. It has a hard top and full doors, which appear to be plastic/fiberglass, although I am not sure if they are original to the Jeep. It looks to be in good condition, and supposedly runs/drives fine.

Here are my questions. Other than the normal Jeep rust issues, what are some other concerns exclusive to the CJ5, 3-spd manual, and Buick V6? I have no intentions of making this a mud Jeep, and would like to paint it OD green and use it as an occasional driver. I might restore it to an extent, but I certainly don't intend on making it a show piece. I'd really like to make it as functional as possible, and maybe set it up as closely to a war era Jeep as possible. Any guesses on what these Jeeps normally go for, at least in drivable condition with minimal rust? Thanks!

jason280 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.