Is It Possible ? An Unasked MC2100 question ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Is It Possible ? An Unasked MC2100 question ?

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 12-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #16
scrapman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5752 View Post
The venturies are machined into the carb body. If you look down the throat of the carb you will see it is tapered to a point then becomes wider again. this constriction is the ventury. The taper speeds up the air to make it draw fuel through the jets better. If the venturie area becomes to large for the amount of air you are pulling the air speed drops and you don't get as good of vacuum sinnal at the boosters. At this point throttle response gets worse.
I think he is talking about taking the venturi cluster out of a 1.08, and using it in a 1.21, which is a better rebuild candidate for him. He says he has found a 1.21 where the bottom openings are the same size as a 1.08, I don't see why this wouldn't work.

scrapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5752 View Post
The venturies are machined into the carb body. If you look down the throat of the carb you will see it is tapered to a point then becomes wider again. this constriction is the ventury. The taper speeds up the air to make it draw fuel through the jets better. If the venturie area becomes to large for the amount of air you are pulling the air speed drops and you don't get as good of vacuum sinnal at the boosters. At this point throttle response gets worse.
Wow ! That makes sense, . Even the rebuild kit exploded view identifies part #37 as the venturie boosters. I need to examine all of my boosters.
I don't have an inside micrometer. I could feel the taper you speak of. Upon visual inspection, I can even see casting marks at the taper. They do look different on my 1.21s with the larger butterfly openings but the 1.21 with the same sized butterflies as my 1.08, look the same.
Oily is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.