Possible Solutions to Lower Heat - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Possible Solutions to Lower Heat

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 06-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #16
kakai81
1985 CJ7 

Coiz,
Those are nice looking louvers. I think the stamped look worlds better than the riveted ones. Plus you don't have to bondo to hide the seams.

kakai81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #17
rustymudder
1982 CJ7 

My CJ7 has been getting up close to 230* when during my last trail ride while I was winching a wrangler out and just slowing crawling along trails. Where could I get a fan shroud that would work with my stock radiator. I'm also considering getting an electric fan, but I would prefer something cheaper (I'm on a college student budget). Does the FSJ fan w/clutch work a lot better than the a clutchless CJ fan?
rustymudder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #18
kakai81
1985 CJ7 

Electric fan pros

You can pick up an electric fan for pretty cheap. As another college student on a budget, I'm always looking for a deal. An electric fan will give you a slight boost in available horsepower and gas milage. Every little bit helps. They are not hard to wire, and the kits come with multiple ways to activate them. They do put a drain on the stock wiring harness, so a good tip is to have dedicated grounds running to various systems. (Check many of JeepHammer's posts for this info.) Dedicated grounds really do help, and you should have most of the tools needed to do these upgrades already, if you work on your own jeep. The electric fans really pay for themselves pretty quickly.

Last edited by kakai81; 06-15-2010 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Grammer
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
garbageman
1976 CJ7 

I did the rivet style as I can't stamp steel for crap. I also needed to exhaust more hot air out the engine bay. AMC 360 w/ upgrades.

** Always looking for Quadratracs (Original Borg 1339 cases and parts). PM me what you have! **
garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #20
kakai81
1985 CJ7 

That actually looks pretty good. I like how you didn't try to hide the rivets. With the OD green and the riveted louvers it looks mean, and kind of military.
Unread 06-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #21
Gunga
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Anyone have any photographs of hood louvers installed?
Hopefully I did this right.

Tags
cj7 , cooling , engine , heat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.