popping noise under passenger and driver seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > popping noise under passenger and driver seats

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-19-2002, 05:02 PM   #1
wiggs

popping noise under passenger and driver seats

I dont know if anyone can help but i have just noticed that in third gear if oyu really stomp on the gas there is a popping sound under the seats around the transmission area. We suspect it could be a universal joint but dont know what the symptoms of that are. thanks Eric

wiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2002, 05:03 PM   #2
wiggs

also it has a six inch total lift if that could be of any interest.
Unread 11-20-2002, 06:35 AM   #3
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Are you in 4wheel drive when you're doing this?

If not, check the rear driveshaft pinion angle... a 6" lift better have a dropped transfer case and some shims on the rear axle.
Unread 11-20-2002, 12:20 PM   #4
Bret-o

u need to check ur U-joints.
Flat Fendered, 3 1/2" Rusty's suspension lift, 1" BL, 1" shackles, 33x12.50 Swamper TSL's, Clarion CD Player, JL Amp, 2 10" Kicker Comps, Bestop, Tuffy Console, some engine mods......Member of Independent Offroad in Bowling Green, KY

--Had to get something new for the college commute, BUT, the Jeep is still mine and my Dad's--

[COLOR=green]Green Jeep Club Member #41[/COLOR]
AIM- Rdaehtoh
Bret-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2002, 06:14 PM   #5
wiggs

i changed the u-joints tonight so that is eliminated its right under the seats it sounds like around the transmission area i figured u-joints would do it too but it didnt.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.