Poly or rubber motor mounts?...whatta bout torsion rubber mounts too? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Poly or rubber motor mounts?...whatta bout torsion rubber mounts too?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Collard Green
1983 CJ7 

Poly or rubber motor mounts?...whatta bout torsion rubber mounts too?

Hey everybody...have not been on forever...guess that means my jeep has been running pretty good.

I have an 83' CJ-7...daily driver and my philosophy is, drive it until something breaks...then fix it...then keep driving...tha's pretty much all the maintenance I do outside of fluid changes and lubrication.

So...my passenger side motor mount gave way...pretty sure it was original...gonna go ahead and swap them all out.

What are your opinions...poly or rubber? I am actually thinking rubber...due to their vibration absorbing properties and their affordability...but I have heard that the aftermarket rubber ones are crap...if i do go with rubber...where do ya'll reccommend i get them from? Is there a set of rubber ones out their that are really high quality?

I know MORE makes some torsion rubber mounts but for a CJ-7 with a 258 it's like $212 for the set...that seems crazy for a rig that sees moderate off roading?

The polys sound good but people seem really bothered by the engine vibration that they apparently cause an increase in...? Whatta ya'll think...anybody have a cj-7, 258, with poly engine mounts? Is the vibration really that bad?

I would love to have torsion rubber mounts but not for $212 a pair...anybody know where I can get torsion rubber mounts at a reasonable price?

Thanks fellas

Collard Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
h2ojeep
1978 CJ7 

Got my jeep with the driver side rubber mount out (driver side has most stress). On moderate acceleration, my gear shift would swing quite a bit. I replaced both with new rubber mounts considering 1/3 the cost of poly and vibration.

In less than a year I notice a crack in the passenger side, less stress and no indication of the problem. Removed it to find substantial crack.

Replaced both with poly mounts. They are working great, and I cannot tell any difference.

I would go with the poly. Shop it a lot, there is a lot a price variation.
h2ojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Collard Green
1983 CJ7 

Thanks...one for poly
Collard Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.