Poly or rubber motor mounts?...whatta bout torsion rubber mounts too? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Poly or rubber motor mounts?...whatta bout torsion rubber mounts too?

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 06-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Collard Green
1983 CJ7 

Poly or rubber motor mounts?...whatta bout torsion rubber mounts too?

Hey everybody...have not been on forever...guess that means my jeep has been running pretty good.

I have an 83' CJ-7...daily driver and my philosophy is, drive it until something breaks...then fix it...then keep driving...tha's pretty much all the maintenance I do outside of fluid changes and lubrication.

So...my passenger side motor mount gave way...pretty sure it was original...gonna go ahead and swap them all out.

What are your opinions...poly or rubber? I am actually thinking rubber...due to their vibration absorbing properties and their affordability...but I have heard that the aftermarket rubber ones are crap...if i do go with rubber...where do ya'll reccommend i get them from? Is there a set of rubber ones out their that are really high quality?

I know MORE makes some torsion rubber mounts but for a CJ-7 with a 258 it's like $212 for the set...that seems crazy for a rig that sees moderate off roading?

The polys sound good but people seem really bothered by the engine vibration that they apparently cause an increase in...? Whatta ya'll think...anybody have a cj-7, 258, with poly engine mounts? Is the vibration really that bad?

I would love to have torsion rubber mounts but not for $212 a pair...anybody know where I can get torsion rubber mounts at a reasonable price?

Thanks fellas

Collard Green is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
h2ojeep
1978 CJ7 

Got my jeep with the driver side rubber mount out (driver side has most stress). On moderate acceleration, my gear shift would swing quite a bit. I replaced both with new rubber mounts considering 1/3 the cost of poly and vibration.

In less than a year I notice a crack in the passenger side, less stress and no indication of the problem. Removed it to find substantial crack.

Replaced both with poly mounts. They are working great, and I cannot tell any difference.

I would go with the poly. Shop it a lot, there is a lot a price variation.
h2ojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Collard Green
1983 CJ7 

Thanks...one for poly
Collard Green is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.