PoisonBanana - My no tools, budget or clue frame-off. - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > PoisonBanana - My no tools, budget or clue frame-off.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #226
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Yeah, I have reached a kind of Zen with Jeep problems. Because its not finished, it is part of the build! xD

My Frame-Off
Kastraelie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #227
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Eggggggzzzzzackly! Jeep Zen is where it's at Baby!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #228
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Took a break from serious Jeep work and put the painted body armor on. Here is a bad picture.

My Frame-Off
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #229
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Why you wanna post bad pictures?

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 10-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #230
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Hey, what kind of screws am I supposed to use for this windshield cowl seal? I didn't have anything to go off of...is it going to leak with these machine screws and washers?

If anyone is wondering, I'm the one that got kicked out of bed due to Jeep parts, not my wife. :P

My Frame-Off
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #231
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Those machine screws and washers are PERFECT! You did something good...

Unread 10-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #232
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Well DANG that's a first!

My Frame-Off
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #233
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

There close enough, originals were oval head screws with a finish washer.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #234
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Thanks! Looks like I might have the clearance from those pics...I guess I will find out

My Frame-Off
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #235
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Yes, you will have clearance. Now... making it so it doesn't leak water all over your feet during a rain... THAT's gonna be the challenge.

Unread 10-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #236
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Going to post a couple updates in a couple posts.

So I had this hole that all my coolant poured out from. Did I tell you guys this story? Where I noticed my feet were wet after four gallons were on my shop floor? Anyways...

I was lazy and did not want to remove my exhaust after getting all the cables and everything the way I wanted.

So I tried finding a bolt that would fit, and modifying it:

That didn't work...different thread or something. It would go in a good ways then stop. I took it to the hardware store and we thought we found the right replacement but it just didn't work.

So I went back to the original. Which meant taking everything out and putting it back together:

Next I wanted to fix my brake light, which was not adjusted right. This is one of those two minute fixes that ends after an hour and a half and spinal injury. But I got it. I had to weld a new clip and bend it and paint it all over again.

This is a bit back, as I showed you some pics of it painted, but now you get to see my temporary seat before I backed it out of the garage:

Another story I might have mentioned, but I got the Jeep out, but due to me not having the vacuum hooked up right...and not having enough ATF in the tranny, I couldn't get it back up. It was pretty embarrassing, but my trailer worked off its purchase price by keeping me from rolling into the neighbors living room. :|

But I got it washed and painted, as you know already:

next post incoming

My Frame-Off
Unread 10-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #237
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

When I got the painting done I was absolutely disgusted with how the armor turned out. I had painted over the crinkle powdercoat and it looked like crap. So I spent some quality time with the power sander and some hand sanding:

Washed em up real good with dish soap and got Jeff to help me carry them around. :P

After painting I was really happy with the smooth look as you guys saw last time I posted.

The next part of my adventure took place at Jake's. I got me a seat riser for the passenger...after about 40 mins of separating:

I still have yet to get the slider off. xD

I ALSO got...guess what...TWO sets of nutmeg sun visors. Jeff has one set as backup for me now. :P I was pretty dang happy. I wasn't even going to ask Jake because they are so rare but he said heck yeah he had some. Man, to have a Jeep "junk"yard!

My Frame-Off
Unread 10-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #238
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

My new windshield frame had the holes already tapped for some screw that I didn't have (for the windshield wiper motor). I wanted to use my 1/4" 20 stainless, so I retapped it.

After some research and playing around with it, I got the linkage all back together and lubed up. I also sleeved the cable so it didn't look so out of place:

I only am using one speed, low. I found out that the motor grounds to the frame...not sure what the green wire is for. Are these things three speed? Dunno.

I put the hinges level for the install:

Everything seemed to go well. I got all but one of the screws in no issue and thought I was going to take an early lunch, but this little sucker decided to be a pain. It would NOT line up no matter what, and after two hours of trying to make it work, I just jammed in a lobotomizer in it and bent the internal keeper till everything lined up. Brute force was the most elegant solution in this case. Just gotta repaint it now. xD

The PO had just carpet bombed the whole windshield red, so I needed to clean the hardware. Aircraft stripper had the paint off these ?lead? alloy keepers in seconds:

!!!! IT LOOKS LIKE A JEEP!!!!!!

My Frame-Off
Unread 10-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #239
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

OH... MY... !

GEEEEZ, I like those wheels!

Unread 10-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #240
JMcDonaldKnives
1980 CJ7 

Looking good bro!!!

My Build Threads

1980 CJ7 4.2L T177 D300 D30 AMC20 (under construction)
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/knifeboy-jeep-build-thread-1387906/[/url]
1989 YJ 4.2L T177 NP231 D30 D35 Pro Comp 3" lift 32/1150/15 BFG AT
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/knifeboy-yj-build-thread-1720362/[/url]
JMcDonaldKnives is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.