PoisonBanana - My no tools, budget or clue frame-off. - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > PoisonBanana - My no tools, budget or clue frame-off.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #166
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastraelie View Post
Lately I have been helping Jeff get his CJ8 running. We replaced all the essentials...battery, wiring harness (mostly made our own Frankenstein) lights, waterpump, alternator...etc etc etc....lots of bolt on stuff. Tomorrow should have it running!

I also have been working on getting bits and pieces of my Heep cleaned up and ready for PorPaint.

I got this done yesterday and today:

Oh yeah, and also I bought a Harley

Yes, its a 1200C....feel free to make fun of me. I like it though...Saints colors--black and smoke gold!
People who hate on a 1200C haven't ridden one or are too big to be on one! My first Harley was a 2001 1200C. I am 5'9" and 150lbs. That thing would flat out fly. The power to weight ratio with that bike is outstanding.

I sold it for a '04 V-Rod and recently sold that for the '09 V-Rod Muscle I ride now. I still miss the Sporty from time to time.

AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #167
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
X 2 on the Craftsman tool set.
I got a Craftsman "200 piece" socket set the late 1980's and still use it today. The 3/8" ratchet crapped out about 3 years ago and Sears replaced it with a new one, no questions asked. That one ran for about a year before it started having problems. But at least they stand behind their warranty.
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #168
Vaquero45
1977 CJ7 

Wow. Looks like you're doing a lot of good work on it.
Vaquero45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #169
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Congrats, Dude! You are rockin!! I love how people just come to your garage to work on your Jeep. Kinda sick! I think you said way back when, but what kind of rims are those? Me likes...

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #170
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Congrats, Dude! You are rockin!! I love how people just come to your garage to work on your Jeep. Kinda sick! I think you said way back when, but what kind of rims are those? Me likes...
Skerr!!! Missed you buddy. I gotta check up on your boys build at "work" tomorrow.

I have zero idea on the rimsas they came with the heep....the hub caps with the name are in a box somewhere which I haven't seen since I moved! They are very nice quality...looks like machined aluminum. It's wasted on me, I'm afraid. . I'd be happy with 40 dollar steel cragar knockoffs from discount tire.

If you have some decent 35s on some cheap wheels and you want to trade...by all means. My garage is open to everyone!

My Frame-Off
Kastraelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #171
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEFWAHO View Post
Dang, I would have swapped you out that cross member.

I do have them for the YJ tub to CJ7 frame swap.

They have the correct location for the body mounts.

Jason aka chiefwaho

Damn! It was a chore drilling through your beefy crossmember! What's that thing made out of anyway!

Everything works great now though after a little modding...thanks so much for your awesome product...I know now for next time.

Speaking of awesome products....I wanna do a shoutout for Tom Woods driveshafts. Tom personally emailed me back and forth trying to get me all setup. I was a big dummy and did a lot of things wrong but he took care of me. I bought their NP208 SYE kit which was extremely beefy...I'm actually not sure if it was listed on their site, I called and asked if they had one.

People like Tom and Jason make this whole experience of trying to fix hard problems beginners like me have fruitful and fun...oh yeah also affordable.

My Frame-Off
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #172
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastraelie View Post
Thanks for the comments, guys!

Skerr!!! Missed you buddy. I gotta check up on your boys build at "work" tomorrow.

I have zero idea on the rimsas they came with the heep....the hub caps with the name are in a box somewhere which I haven't seen since I moved! They are very nice quality...looks like machined aluminum. It's wasted on me, I'm afraid. . I'd be happy with 40 dollar steel cragar knockoffs from discount tire.

If you have some decent 35s on some cheap wheels and you want to trade...by all means. My garage is open to everyone!
My 35s are worn down to 33s! But I have a set of 5... count 'em (5) FIVE, NIB, Cragar Soft 8s that I wouldn't mind trading. However, they are 15X8. If that perks your interest then send me a PM. And Clay's build got bogged down in a LOT of BSing, but it has been fun. We will be doing an engine swap very soon. You keep going strong. I'm proud of your progress.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #173
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

To install the sexy new driveshaft permanently I needed to roll out the diff to burn in the perches, as I showed y'all last time. When it was time to roll it back under and hook up the springs I noticed that something wasn't quite right:

I cant remember if we didn't make sure the shackles were installed correctly or if I did something different this time, but they would simply not fit and sing properly against the frame...so I had to modify them:

All done:

Before we put the tub back on I did a little bit of wiring--anything that was going to run along or inside the frame, like the float gauge:

Then, for the final time (hopefully), permanently mounted the body. Jeff had given me some camo overalls as an official redneck initation gift, and I accepted. Plus, this photo will freak out all my Yankee friends:

If anyone wants Jeff's old hard doors he wants to sell them for $200. I thought I would throw that out there...He would prefer not to ship them. You could get them in North Arkansas or down here in Biloxi:

The picture don't show much but they are at least in $200 shape I'd give them a 7/10...need to be painted and cleaned up but the glass is all there and they hold together...no major dents or nothing.

My Frame-Off
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #174
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Um. Guys. What do I do for the transfercase shifter and linkage...I'm not seeing any cable shifters I can buy and it worries me...

My Frame-Off
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #175
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Dash got here from Double D Fab. Awesome stuff:

That lockbox sure beats the tar out of the old wax cardboard one. xD

My Frame-Off
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #176
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

nice looking dash, Daniel does real good work with those dashes. What is that tube behind your gauge holes? Is that a grab handle? Also just something to look out for, but with the glove box moved in further on the dash it will cause interference with the heat controls on the heater box. I had to modify my plastic box and make it a little less deep so it didn't hit the heater box. Hope that was taken into account on your build.

David
2girlsAndaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:17 PM   #177
JMcDonaldKnives
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsAndaGuy View Post
nice looking dash, Daniel does real good work with those dashes. What is that tube behind your gauge holes? Is that a grab handle? Also just something to look out for, but with the glove box moved in further on the dash it will cause interference with the heat controls on the heater box. I had to modify my plastic box and make it a little less deep so it didn't hit the heater box. Hope that was taken into account on your build.
That tube is probably for all the wiring to keep it neat and organized.

My Build Threads

1980 CJ7 4.2L T177 D300 D30 AMC20 (under construction)
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/knifeboy-jeep-build-thread-1387906/[/url]
1989 YJ 4.2L T177 NP231 D30 D35 Pro Comp 3" lift 32/1150/15 BFG AT
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/knifeboy-yj-build-thread-1720362/[/url]
JMcDonaldKnives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #178
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
I am really happy with it. I have more modding to do to it but I was not sure which tablet I am going to get for the in-dash GPS and also which switches I want yet. And thanks for the heads up on the heater clipping! Luckily I am going to be using these aftermarket heaters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcDonaldKnives View Post
That tube is probably for all the wiring to keep it neat and organized.
That is a fantastic idea!!!! But it is just the grab handle that hasn't been unpacked.

My Frame-Off
Unread 08-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #179
2girlsAndaGuy
1979 CJ5 

Got anymore info on those heaters... Looks interesting.

David
2girlsAndaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #180
Kastraelie
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Got anymore info on those heaters... Looks interesting.
Mojave Heater
Item #17290
Unit measures only 10.12" x 9" x 5"
Moves 140 CFM
12,000 BTU output
Uses your engines existing cooling system to heat air, not an electric or gas heater.
Small enough to mount under dash or under seat to provide heat to the rear of vehicle.

Got some updates on the build coming...

My Frame-Off

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.