please everyone help i need answers quick - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > please everyone help i need answers quick

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 07-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
bigflatblack
1988 XJ Cherokee 

please everyone help i need answers quick

what kinda transmissions can bolt up to my 1980 amc i6 i have a bell housing that will fit it already...will anything out of like a chevy 4x4 blazer work 80s era...i am trying to get my jeep going and cnt find a t5 or anything around here.... ....and i forgot will a brake booster set up out of a wagoneer work in a cj

Last edited by bigflatblack; 07-20-2007 at 07:55 PM..
bigflatblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
bigflatblack
1988 XJ Cherokee 

anyone??
bigflatblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
gosupes
1986 CJ7 

There are a number of tranmissions that will work with the right adapter and some $$. But then you might also need driveline alterations and so on. If you want to go cheap, look for a T4 and change the input shaft if needed. Or a T176 will bolt up, but drivelines will need to be changed. What about swapping in a AX15? It will bolt up with some minor alterations and a clocking ring. Or a NV3550 and so on. It really matter how much you want to spend.

Not sure about the booster.
1986 CJ7, 4.2 w/4.0 head, TFI-HEI hybrid ignition, Clifford manifold w/Holley 390 w/cold air intake, OBA, 4.5" lift, Woody CV shaft and Tattons in front, 4.10 gears - lunchbox in front, Truetrac in the back, twin-sticked, blower upgrade for running topless, trying to keep it simple.

It's just a Jeep, and if you don't wheel it once in a while, it's not even that.
gosupes is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
high51977

Jeep shares a mounting pattern (where the trans mounts to the bell) with ford and some dodge. A borg warner t-18 would be ideal found in fsj's and ford pickups in the 60's and 70's maybe other eras too. Not sure about the booster
Unread 07-21-2007, 12:00 AM   #5
Seether
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Booster

The Wagoneer booster is too big, won't fit.
Seether is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.