Pix of my Money pit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Pix of my Money pit

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-12-2002, 12:46 PM   #1
DaveFL

Pix of my Money pit

Well here they are, not the best pics but snapped a few off it before I got it over to my freinds wharehouse to pull the engine.

<a href="http://www.atlantic.net/~sun1/Jeep.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.atlantic.net/~sun1/Jeep.jpg</a>

The facts on it:

Paid $300 for it hasnt been driven for 10 years was buried up to the tub in Georgia mud. The guy bought it for a hunting jeep and passed away. The beat up 4 banger actually has 63K miles on it but every hose on the thing was dry rotted to shreds.

Originally had a Hydrolic Ramesy wench (I think Ramsey) welded to the bumper had that torched off when I pulled the beat up front end off (A tree had fallen on it and had to be chainsawed off before I could pull it out)

The only bad rust on it is at the base of the tub area and under the window frame. Window frame isnt that bad not sure If I am going to replace it.

Picked up a good condition 258 for $150 that Im going to replace the 4banger with. Already have new Fenders/hood/Seats and more. Going to pull steering colum this weekend and have it sand balsted next week before I drop in new engine and start that and the Suspension work.

What ya think?

Nth 6"LA lift, TT, Stinger/Slider Combo, Superwinch EPI9000, Durango Front & Rear, ORF Tire Carrier, Independent Locker Mod, 15x8 Crager Locks, 35" MT MTZ,Rock Hard Parts trail Cage, AEM Dry Flow, Viking Fastback Top.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2002, 04:48 PM   #2
Boggy Bottom

That's in so much better shape than some of the crap, er... Jeeps I get to fix!!

Seriously good deal you got going on there, bro. You are right about the money pit thing though. I can't think of anything else right now but my Jeeps. Of course, my wife is complaining about the deck rotting away, and the windows need repair, and the stone wall needs rebuilding, and the list goes on...

Looks like you are already in love, so enjoy the ride! Keep posting those pics!
Unread 07-13-2002, 12:57 AM   #3
guncrazy69
2009 JK Wrangler 

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by DaveFL:
<strong>Well here they are, not the best pics but snapped a few off it before I got it over to my freinds wharehouse to pull the engine.

<a href="http://www.atlantic.net/~sun1/Jeep.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.atlantic.net/~sun1/Jeep.jpg</a>

The facts on it:

Paid $300 for it hasnt been driven for 10 years was buried up to the tub in Georgia mud. The guy bought it for a hunting jeep and passed away. The beat up 4 banger actually has 63K miles on it but every hose on the thing was dry rotted to shreds.

Originally had a Hydrolic Ramesy wench (I think Ramsey) welded to the bumper had that torched off when I pulled the beat up front end off (A tree had fallen on it and had to be chainsawed off before I could pull it out)

The only bad rust on it is at the base of the tub area and under the window frame. Window frame isnt that bad not sure If I am going to replace it.

Picked up a good condition 258 for $150 that Im going to replace the 4banger with. Already have new Fenders/hood/Seats and more. Going to pull steering colum this weekend and have it sand balsted next week before I drop in new engine and start that and the Suspension work.

What ya think?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
guncrazy69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2002, 01:00 AM   #4
guncrazy69
2009 JK Wrangler 

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by guncrazy69:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by DaveFL:
<strong>Well here they are, not the best pics but snapped a few off it before I got it over to my freinds wharehouse to pull the engine.

The facts on it:

What ya think?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Unread 07-13-2002, 01:55 AM   #5
JIM79CJ7

WOW ,
Your gonna have some fun !! $300 ? thats a great start to what will be a fun jeep when your finished ................ well, you never really finish a jeep

Keep the pic of your progress coming !
JIM

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2002, 11:07 AM   #6
guncrazy69
2009 JK Wrangler 

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by DaveFL:

The facts on it:

What ya think?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Unread 07-13-2002, 11:08 AM   #7
guncrazy69
2009 JK Wrangler 

The facts on it:

What ya think?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Good project. I am moving to Gainesville in the spring, know of any good wheelin trails?
Unread 07-13-2002, 02:04 PM   #8
Steelhead

Not a bad start at all I wish I could find some ofthese kinds of deals.
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2002, 09:40 AM   #9
DaveFL

Not done much serious off roading in 15 years Gun and never anything around here. Basically this is a new toy for me and something Ive always wanted to do but never had the time.

There is always the Ocala National Forest. Thats probably the closest serious trails I know of. Theres quite a few Jeep clubs around, Once I get this thing up and running I will get involved with them.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.