Pitman arm - How to ID for PS or Manual Steering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Pitman arm - How to ID for PS or Manual Steering

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Pitman arm - How to ID for PS or Manual Steering

I just received a stock pitman arm I bought used. Its supposed to be for and 85CJ w/PS - I am trying to verify but the ones on Quadratec don't have the same number and honestly I cant tell much difference in the pics of the PS/manual arms.

The number on this one is 5353275. Can anyone tell me if this is for PS or can you tell me what to look for? Thanks in advance.

Pic (low quality taken with Ipod):

pitman-arm.jpg  
CJ7KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
MoC
Web Wheeler

1986 CJ7 

Not power, it is manual
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Not power, it is manual
Thanks MoC. What is the difference in the them? Can you tell one from the other by the pic?
CJ7KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
CSP

The size of the hole for the sector shaft (steering box end) is larger on a power pitman arm than a manual. That's the only difference.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.