Pics of my new cj7--lots of pics-- - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Pics of my new cj7--lots of pics--

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-29-2005, 08:47 AM   #16
Slipslap

I am thinking of fiberglass tub for mine as well. You can cut the tailgate section out and put your tailgate back on. They put reinforcement in the latch areas if you want to put your tail gate on.

I have those same tires in 33x12.5x15 and they work pretty good for me. And get me some pics of that dash if you can. I haven't seen that top thing with speakers before. I kinda like it. cnewton20@comcast.net is email if you can send me some.

Slipslap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2005, 08:54 AM   #17
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

The tailgate area is only reinforced on tubs that are built with the tailgate opening...they line the opening with a steel frame embedded in the body only on those...that's why they charge more money for them. You can't just hack the tub up and expect it to retain it's proper structural integrity. I *have* seen a couple of show Jeeps with it done, but you do it at your own risk and toss your tub warranty out the window.
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2005, 12:55 PM   #18
Axiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersheep
lol, just haven't seen too many fiberglass tubs. nothing against them but I like having the tailgate. anything is better than rust....lol nice looking jeep!
i had a fiberglass tub on the CJ5 i had.. its good for a couple things... no rust, and it's lightweight. it depends on what happens on trails how i take it.. you could barely hit somehthing and it will just bend to the shape, steel will dent.. if it bends too much, it could crack, still will dent more, but if you slam on a rock, it could just burst into a white cloud of fiberglass and pretty much shatter, stell will just dent again =] ... dunno, depends on most peoples opinions / outtakes
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 07:27 PM   #19
redlinedcj

I sanded and painted the hard doors

installed the hard top

i ripped out the old carpet and put some nice new carpet in

the old seats were in actually in very very good shape

i also got a soundbar i'm hoping that i can get it to go on good

i also ordered a tuffy locking center console for my new cd player

Last edited by redlinedcj; 04-05-2005 at 06:08 PM..
redlinedcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 07:30 PM   #20
redlinedcj

can someone quote me again so my pics show up? thanks!!
redlinedcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.