Picked up an Ected Locker for $100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Picked up an Ected Locker for $100

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Picked up an Ected Locker for $100

Anybody use one of these? A buddy bought it for his JK but it wouldn't fit the newer D44 housing. I was able to get it (still unused) for $100. Thought I might toss it in the front D44 on my CJ5. I've been wanting to ditch the Lockrite and go to a selectable locker. I was gonna get an ARB but figured for $100, I'd give this Ected a shot. If I destroy it, I'll pony up for an ARB.

Don't really know anyone running an Ected (that might be my first clue.. )

Thoughts?

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Patter
1981 CJ5 

Sounds like a good deal Eddie. $100 bucks. Heck yes.
Things I've read. On the internet !
You have to run limited slip fluid in them. They sometimes won't disengage.
Wear splines quickly. This may have to do with the disengaging problem?
Keep in mind. These are only things I've read about. I have no personal experience with these lockers.

Peace.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.