Picked up Blue Crush - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Picked up Blue Crush

New rockridge 4wd sales rep!!!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ BDS 2" suspension lift!! FINALLY a GREAT 2" l

Unread 07-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Picked up Blue Crush

No that's not an STD its the bare bone stock street jeep I will be re-building. It's a 1980 CJ-7 with 73K ORIGINAL miles. It is SUPER clean for its age. Already got a soft top and low back seats that will be installed soon. This will NOT be lifted/ beaten or anything along those lines.

A little history. The 2nd owner of this jeep is a Marina on the Susquehanna river in York County PA. This jeep for the last 15 yrs has been used to move boats around the marina and launching them into the river. Consequently the jeep now needs a new tranny and t-case (already lined up). When the jeep was parked it was inside of a barn. This is probably one of the most rust free 1980 CJ tubs I have seen.
Here are the pics.

How she was sitting:

All loaded up:

On the way home:

Check out the last time it was registered.

Will be installing the soft top and soft doors tonight. And possibly cleaning the Low back seats we picked up at PA jeeps.

VamosJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
45Fats
1957 CJ5 

that looks like an awesome find! congrats!
45Fats is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks... The one thing I didn't mention is that I picked it up for $300. haha
Unread 07-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Foulplay
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosJEEP View Post
You did get a great deal but just to rub it in a little...I paid $500 for mine and drove it home! Been daily driving for two years now and haven't had to replace anything but brake pads!!

1978 CJ-7 Golden Eagle - 2013 JK Unlimited 3.5" lift
Foulplay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulplay View Post
You did get a great deal but just to rub it in a little...I paid $500 for mine and drove it home! Been daily driving for two years now and haven't had to replace anything but brake pads!!
haha Nice. Way to be the one upper!
Unread 07-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
scottymac62
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
No you did not! I hate you!
'77 CJ-5 Renegade 304 / T-150, Dana 20, 30/20 axles, Aussie Locker in the Dana 30, American Racing 15x10 Outlaw II's, 33" Dynapro M/T's" ,Optima Battery, TeamRushed + Summit Racing CDI ignition, FlowKooler water pump, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, Holley 4160 390cfm, Herculiner, Silver Ceramic Coated Hedman Hedders, Flowmaster 40's.
Warn PowerPlant HD 12K Winch, Dirtworx front and rear bumpers.
scottymac62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

UPDATE: Got to do some work to her. Tried to install a new battery. Shorted out something somewhere. so I will figure that out tomorrow :lol:

Tried to install the soft top... Need to drill mounting holes and I seam to be missing brackets.

Door strikers seam to be wrong. I have a strap holding the doors right now. haha

So basically I did nothing to it. haha

Here are some new pics

Unread 07-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Can't install the soft top but I am going to purchase all the right hardware for about $50 which isn't bad considering I got the doors and top for that much.

Played around with the electrical problems. Pulled off the 100 lbs of metal from the re-enforcement for the hydraulic boat lift. And she leveled out some. Installed a new starter and.... GOT THE MOTOR STARTED. Called a buddy and found a steering box brace for her. Figured it needed a new tranny and t-case anyway so giving her a test run wouldn't hurt anymore.

Unread 07-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #9
Ford_Prefect
1984 CJ7 

Wow, that looks like a really nice find there. Toss on some tube fenders, and do some wrenching and you look like you will be set! Very good on you.

If you can read this thank a teacher; if you can read it in English, thank an Airman, Sailor, Soldier or Marine
Ford_Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Picked up a donor jeep this past weekend. Its a 1984 CJ-7. The tub is in great condition but the frame was rotten BAD. It had the parts I wanted so I picked it up. It had a hardtop and hard doors which I sold to re-coop Some of my $ back. lol. Anyway I installed the windshield, hood, 31" tires, the cherry spare tire carrier, and dash pad into the blue one. I also did a tune up with oil change and did some work to the carb to get it running right. With a new battery and power cables she starts up every time! Still need to tweak the carb because she spits out dark smoke out the tailpipe probably from running too rich. She also has a bad exhaust leak somewhere and a bad valve tap. So I am going to be tearing off the valve cover. Also I thought I ordered the rest of the parts for the softtop but I was wrong so I ordered them today.

Next will be the driver side fender, transmission and the steering box out of the white one. Then installing the new interior that I have for it as well.

I also decided on re-spraying the whole jeep. I want to re-spray it the same color. So it looks like I have some hrs of body work ahead of me. lol.

Sorry for the bad cell phone pics. The GF took some with a camera that I will be uploading.
Unread 12-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #11
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
You didn't pick it up. You stole it!! Great find.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #12
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

$300 is stealing... to make it more fair, I will give you $400 and then everyone will feel better about it. You will feel better cause you no longer stole it and I will feel better because my Jeep stable is low.

cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #13
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

alright, just a few answers needed here...

... how much for the white jeep?

and when are you going to swap the chrome grill over? (haven't you heard? CHROME is the new black)

Hoss
Unread 12-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #14
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

certifiablejeep: I will have to pass on your offer.

JoonHoss: You wouldn't like it if I told you how much I got the white one for... lol.

Back story on the white one... My buddy had a 88 YJ and bought this white jeep to swap the motor out of it... He installed the motor into his YJ and come to find out his tranny is locked up. Having an auto he didn't want anything else to do with this white jeep. So I offed to buy parts off the white one. I was going to give him $150 for the windshield with frame, the tire carrier, front fender and the steering box/brace. Then I noticed the decent 31" tires so I asked him for what he wanted for them... Then I figured I would just offer him for the whole thing. So...

He sold the white one to me for $450 and I sold the doors and the hard top for $375... so technically I bought the white jeep for $75 out of pocket.
Unread 12-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
kickingprop
1985 CJ7 

in that case I'll give you $75 for the TCase out of the white one!
Phase Three: Waggy 44 front, Scout D44 Rear, 4.56's, ARB's (F/R) SOA with YJ Springs, 35x12.50x15 BFG MT - Not Even Close to beginning

Also a mostly rust-free 1970 Scout 800A That I'll get to start working on someday...

Quote:
Chrome won't get you home...BUT Rattle Can Black may just get you back"
kickingprop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.