Paying for Bedliner spray, but high or low pressure? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Paying for Bedliner spray, but high or low pressure?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
tamu83cj
1983 CJ7 

Paying for Bedliner spray, but high or low pressure?

After a lot of reading, looking at pricing, the amount of work, any my ability, I decided to pay to have it sprayed. Also, I am getting a new paint job prior and want the spray over the rails, I don't want to mess up the paint which I could do.

So, what texture should I go with? Hard or Soft, IYO? Thanks for the input.

tamu83cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
ZBUSS
1986 CJ7 

Not what you are asking but make sure to let your paint cure for a while before you do the spray on the new paint. When they remove the tape it will take the new paint with it. Sometimes you're lucky but this will most likely happen. Have them make you some touch up paint so you can fix it.
ZBUSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
my_304_cj7
1976 CJ7 

I personally would want less texture. The more texture, the harder to clean. More places for dirt to hide and dirt captures moisture.
Unread 02-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
tamu83cj
1983 CJ7 

How long will I need to wait until the paint is completely cured?
tamu83cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamu83cj View Post
How long will I need to wait until the paint is completely cured?
It probably depends on paint, temperature, relative humidity, etc...but the rule of thumb is don't touch the paint with anything for 2-3 weeks.

Mine is sitting in a cold garage, curing, so I'm going to wait about a month before waxing, or lining it.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.