Paul's 1984 CJ-7 Build Thread - Page 70 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Paul's 1984 CJ-7 Build Thread

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREERough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #1036
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

I think KeyParts are one of those companies overseas that make crash panels for the Jeep CJ. Korea or Taiwan made pieces that are exact dimensions so they fit but on the down side they are a little thinner in gauge. Only 1mm thick and not 16 or 18 OEM gauge. Still, on the floor you will never notice and it looks good from here.

I can see it has the proper holes in the right location for E-brake cable, drain holes and even the holes for mounting the factory side steps if you have them. MD Juan Repli-tub parts and flooring would never have those holes.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #1037
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
This brings back nightmar.... er, I mean memories. Yeah that's it, sweet memories!
Looks good Paul. How is the fit of the "S" curve corner compared to the tub? It looks to match pretty well. I don't recall hearing of KeyParts. Is it a rebrand of MD Juan's stuff or a different stamping?
Nightmare is correct, but hopefully it will end later today! The fit is pretty much spot on. I only had to persuade one small section of the S curve to match up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Looks good P! On the 86 when I put the family bar in I will need to patch the areas under the roll bar behind both front seats. I am paying gas, beer, and pizza for when you come to do them.
Nooooooooooooo. I actually found the front pan easier to deal with than the section under the roll bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post
I think KeyParts are one of those companies overseas that make crash panels for the Jeep CJ. Korea or Taiwan made pieces that are exact dimensions so they fit but on the down side they are a little thinner in gauge. Only 1mm thick and not 16 or 18 OEM gauge. Still, on the floor you will never notice and it looks good from here.

I can see it has the proper holes in the right location for E-brake cable, drain holes and even the holes for mounting the factory side steps if you have them. MD Juan Repli-tub parts and flooring would never have those holes.
I will have to measure a cut off piece. I held it next to an OEM piece and it looked pretty close. It also felt sturdy handling the pan.
Unread 11-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #1038
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Just read through your entire thread. Fantastic work! You will have years of knowing the body work was done right.
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #1039
Guy Smilie

1978 CJ5 

Quote:

Not sure where they are made but they claim they are 18 gauge. I like them compared to some out there. They fit 76-86 CJ 7's & 87-95 wranglers. If they fit CJ 7's why wouldn't they fit a 78 CJ5? I'm talking just the front.

Very nice work Paul!
Guy Smilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #1040
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

All welded up.... finally! Rough grinding done, just needs a little smoothing. Not gonna chase these to be perfect. I plan to use Evercoat FiberTech on my weld lines followed by glazing compound. Have to rebuild the bottom of the "A" pillar next.
20131124_211555_resized_1.jpg

Unread 11-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #1041
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Good Deal, looks great. Yep, after some POR I plan on covering the weld imperfections up with fiberglass filler and you'll never notice them. Hey, it's a Jeep ya know.
Renegade82 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #1042
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Looks factory, Paul. Really! It does!! Very good job.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #1043
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

I always like to grab a six pack of something different when I go to the grocery store. If you have never tried Third Shift.... it is VERY good!
20131201_231708_resized.jpg

Unread 12-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #1044
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7
I always like to grab a six pack of something different when I go to the grocery store. If you have never tried Third Shift.... it is VERY good!
PFFFT. We can't get beer from a grocery store. Youse all are so lucky.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #1045
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Ain't nevr hurd uv it.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #1046
dan-cj7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzo
PFFFT. We can't get beer from a grocery store. Youse all are so lucky.
Gaz, We have Foodmart that sells booze. Bit pricey though.

CJ7 under construction - frame up restoration 4.6l stroker, AX15, YJ suspension
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/dans-downunder-84-cj7-build-1299387/
dan-cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #1047
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

We can't buy beer or wine in any grocery store here in Pennsylvania either. Have to go to 'Beer Store' and PALCB controlled liquor store for wine and spirits. Pennsylvania is the largest buyer of liquor in the world by the way . My wife is a manager for the PALCB (Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board).

Unread 12-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #1048
mistrornge

1983 CJ7 

Third Shift is pretty good. Parents bought some in eastern Texas this weekend. Worth a try.
Owner of a 1983 Jeep CJ7. I fear I am soon to be destitute from the constant desire to fix or "improve" things. Bought it to relearn auto mechanics, boy am I learning. In my avatar you can see my Jeep with my parts retrieval and repair vehicle in the foreground.

Master cylinder change, bled brakes, rear differential seal redo, replaced innards of a wheel hub, installed parking brake, rear folding seat, center console, half doors, soft top, refurbed tire carrier, pulled heater box, etc.

I would like to say thank you to everyone for helping each other and the great posts that are a big help.
mistrornge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #1049
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
My wife is a manager for the PALCB (Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board).
So the JEEPForum (CJ section) should probably get a pretty sweet group discount then right???? As a wholesale vendor of course.
Renegade82 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #1050
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82
So the JEEPForum (CJ section) should probably get a pretty sweet group discount then right???? As a wholesale vendor of course.
Hah, she can't even get discounts herself! She/we pay the same price like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.