Head is now painted. I draped a large trash bag over the block. Cut a couple holes to thread 2 old head bolts finger tight. Dropped head on and painted. Vasoline on the intake/exhaust surface worked great. Don't remember who told me that trick but thanks!!!
I needed a new oil pan for this engine so I ended up buying a new one from the local Autozone. It is a Spectre Premium brand and the quality is not bad. It was half the cost of an OMIX pan and is made in Canada which I am hoping is better than China!
Been busy with life and work travel lately and have not had much time to do anything. I did finish painting the pan and timing cover. Got to use my CL oven to bake the high temp clear on the timing cover. Worked well. Moved the frame out of the way yesterday and started stripping the CJ.
Thanks MoC! Here is the patient as it sits today. Hopefully I can tear it down as quickly as Fred but I doubt it. If I get motivated tomorrow (or not picking up leaves) I will start assembly of the engine.
When removing the fender flares I discovered that the PO decided that since he did not have the proper mounting hardware he would just drill some holes and attach them using drywall screws. Not even sheet metal screws, but drywall screws. Nice.
Oh.... anyone considering the HF vehicle dollies pictured above don't waste your money. All but worthless. Easy to push the Jeep in whatever direction the wheels are facing, but getting it to change directions is impossible.
The timing cover looks like an ad for a modeling magazine. It's just that sexy! It just needs a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleading outfit. Maybe it's the lighting, IDK, but I have not seen an engine finish up and shine like yours. You have out-done everybody... except me, of course!
alright... I concede. Me too!
__________________ Kerrdog Go Fish! <*////><
But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!